Other managers you just can't stand after a while... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Other managers you just can't stand after a while...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri May 06, 2005 10:42 pm

On topic:

I am in a league where the commish lives, breathes and probably wants to marry fantasy baseball. He is the back-to-back-to back champ probably because the rest of us just can't give 24/7.

Anyhoody...he has a memory so good that if you pick up a guy today he will email you and remind you of when you had him three years ago because he had dumped him. Or he'll email guys to critique their trades.

A*N*N*O*Y*I*N*G!
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby The Guru » Sat May 07, 2005 4:24 am

I hate the one owner who basically isn't even really playing. They never change there lineup, take a week to cancel or accept a trade, and usually have a good record.

Just pisses me off the lack of dedication.
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby echrisl » Sat May 07, 2005 6:23 am

I'm annoyed with pretty much everyone in one of my leagues. A month into the season they realized we had a max IP limit of 1250. Most owners hadn't bothered to read the rules (including the commish) and had been rotating 6-8 starters every week. Long story short, they decide to go to unlimited innings, so now I'm being penalized for reading the rules. :-/

How's that for a good one?
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oat Soda » Sat May 07, 2005 2:09 pm

echrisl wrote: Long story short, they decide to go to unlimited innings, so now I'm being penalized for reading the rules. :-/

That's like changing a HR category to OBP because everyone's sluggers are walking instead of slugging. Total BS. I'd walk away from that league immediately. :-t

The only time I get the ridiculous trade treatment is late in the year if I'm in the bottom half of the pack and the leaders are trying to make up ground in one or two categories. They don't want to part with any of their guys they don't need anymore because it's a keeper league.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jayman » Sun May 08, 2005 1:24 pm

I have four teams in my money league that are content to finish where ever they finish. They'd rather finish last than make a trade that may make them look stupid. I need steals, so I've been offering the guy who is running away with the steals lead offers like edmonds and someone else for crawford. Reject, reject, reject.

Thinking he's a complete moron I offered Manny Ramirez for Cral Crawford, dumbass rejected it! I hate these managers. I'm already working on finding replacements.
Last edited by jayman on Sun May 08, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Sun May 08, 2005 1:27 pm

none of my friends play fantasy sports, so I'm surprised friends would act that way to eachother. I thought it was just assholes on the internet that did that.
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby big shot » Sun May 08, 2005 1:54 pm

these are the guys i cant stand

the guy who changes his team name multipile times during the year

the guy who goes im not trading so and so. every player is worth something.

people who dont understand the concept of veto. they say veto to any trades wheres they dont see it as 50/50

the guy at the draft that thinks hes funny by drafting retired players then laughign hysterically

the guy that is afraid to make trades. why did you join a league in the first place

they guy that thinks every trade you offer him is horrible.

and finally the guys who doesnt set his lineup but will sign on to talk crap on the message board
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Boyakasha » Sun May 08, 2005 2:05 pm

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but you guys sound pretty irritable. Relax, fantasy baseball is supposed to be fun ;-D
Different managers enjoy fantasy baseball for different reasons, so let them do their thing.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers