Other managers you just can't stand after a while... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Other managers you just can't stand after a while...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Other managers you just can't stand after a while...

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 06, 2005 1:19 pm

In my keeper leauge, I offer this guy a trade every once in a while. I'll offer something like Beltran/Jeter for Tejada/Morneau. It never fails, every time I offer this guy something, he has some sarcastic comment back for me, rejects the trade, then offers something like Mo Pena for Pujols and try to convince me that it's fair.

He does this every time I try to make a reasonable offer. Since I'm the commish, I like to threaten to freeze his team even though I would never in a million years do it (and he knows it, good friend of mine). We get along in real life. Just not in fantasy.

You guys have other owners in your leagues like this?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Fri May 06, 2005 1:22 pm

All the time. I have a guy in one of my leagues who won't trade away people because he drafted his homies... }:-)
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby benjapage » Fri May 06, 2005 1:22 pm

straight up description of "that guy" in my league. yeah. dead ringer. :-[

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Box » Fri May 06, 2005 1:22 pm

The guy thats paid $30 for a team and doesnt check it pisses me off. Also the guy that drops Jose Guillen, Paul Konerko and Oliver Perez pisses me off too.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri May 06, 2005 1:24 pm

Many. Quite a few owners dont understand the concept of the trade offer. I offer trades and expect a counter or some sort of feedback. Many trade offers are to get a feel and allow the other owner to get an understanding of who you maybe interested in. Sometimes these offers are looked at as ridiculous and pisses people off. It makes no sense to me why some get mad after a decent offer but far from a final deal. It takes work to find a deal and good fantasy owners understand that.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby BigMusky » Fri May 06, 2005 1:26 pm

I like the guy in my league that uses the O-Ranks to validate a trade. So then you offer him someone with a good o-rank and he replies that he is overrated. He really needs to make up his mind. I wonder how many people in this forum are "that guy" :-?
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Andy1234 » Fri May 06, 2005 1:32 pm

BigMusky wrote:I wonder how many people in this forum are "that guy" :-?
Probably quite a few - Although no one would admit it

The good thing is I haven't seen a "Don't you hate it when you get Bogus trade offers" thread yet this year.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dmville » Fri May 06, 2005 2:15 pm

Yeah, we have a used car salesman in my league too. Has sent nearly 1000 trade offers to league since draft.

He starts off with just crazy bad offers and then after 50 offers he at least gets in the same ballpark, but last row upper deck. By that time, you think that offer isn't half bad compared to what he started with and you consider it. And then you come to your senses and reject (hopefully).

And after you make a trade w someone else, he emails saying you got ripped off, but he emails both owners saying the same thing. Just a dirtbag.

And no matter how many times you tell him a player is off the table or you are not interested in someone, the offers keep coming. Just no respect for the other owners. He is enough to possibly keepme out of that league next year.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm in a league with a guy, where I'm in first place and he's in last. I offered him a 3 for 1 trade where I wanted David Ortiz and I sent him 3 starters. He e-mailed back just insulting me, saying thanks for the garbage.

Only reason it pissed me off is because the guy is almost in last place across the board, and needs help in tons of areas. He just didn't see the big picture, and now I just want to kick his butt.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri May 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Well? Who were those three starters you offered? Any chance they were WW fodder prior to your offer?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers