Bonds uses shady doctor.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds uses shady doctor..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri May 06, 2005 4:37 pm

I'm not saying he isn't a fine surgeon, but lets look at this.

1) Bonds has done roids (let the bashing here by the real sheep begin).

2) As I recall, the NFL just got past a scandal involving doctors prescribing steroids to players for questionable reasons.

3) This doctor has already been put on probation for prescribing drugs under questionable circumstances in the past...

4) I'm pretty sure that Bonds can't be tested for steroids while he isn't on the active roster.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dodger Blue » Fri May 06, 2005 4:59 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:I'm not saying he isn't a fine surgeon, but lets look at this.

1) Bonds has done roids (let the bashing here by the real sheep begin).

2) As I recall, the NFL just got past a scandal involving doctors prescribing steroids to players for questionable reasons.

3) This doctor has already been put on probation for prescribing drugs under questionable circumstances in the past...

4) I'm pretty sure that Bonds can't be tested for steroids while he isn't on the active roster.

The Doc was put on probation for some pretty stupid reasons. If listened to the show you could have had what they are. I'm not saying Bonds isn't on roids but he currently has a staff infection in his knee which has nothing to do with steriods. Steroids get prescribed for lots of reasons. Cort-Aid is a steriod. Nasal sprays are often steriods.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri May 06, 2005 5:01 pm

Blue,

You're right that I didn't hear the show. I'd like to hear more detail about the probation issue, if you could.

I'm just connecting the dots, because a couple of people seemed confused what was being implied here.

I have a perfectly open mind if someone can post info that would make the doctor look better on the probation issue.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dodger Blue » Fri May 06, 2005 5:10 pm

http://espn.go.com/talent/danpatrick/s/showclips.html

Hopefully will be on here. But bascially it was a runner getting prescribed meds to three different people and the runner didn't know the ages of the people he was getting the meds for. One was for a headache, one was for back pain, and one I can't remember but they were for a music group that was in town. I missed which one. But it had nothing to to with sports. Patrick believes in the Doc and has know him for like 12 years. Personally I think Patrick's show sucks now without Rob Dibble but there isn't anything else to listen too.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Fri May 06, 2005 5:50 pm

does this suprise anyone? With every passing day I find it harder to believe he is not on roids, or wasnt at some time.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri May 06, 2005 5:53 pm

wrveres wrote:Here you can read the real "exclusive" here in todays paper titled ..

We dig up more chit and toss it into the fan, hoping it will stick, so the sheep can point fingers"

this is the same BS paper that gave us "Reefer Madness" back in the 70's.
How this tabloid has stayed in business is beyond me, but since they obviouslly have so many sheep that love to "quote" them, I am not surprised.

Good read. ;-D

He was handpicked by Bonds for all surgeries, which is Bonds' right under baseball's collective bargaining agreement. Ting also performed surgeries to Bonds' left elbow and right knee in 1999.

So Barry uses a doctor that he trusts. A doctor that has operated on him before with success and no problems. A doctor that will keep his confidentality.

I haven't seen anything yet that questions the doctor's surgical abilities. :-?

So the doc got in trouble for a few prescriptions. That doesn't have anything to do with his surgical abilities. Either he can do the job, or he can't. Seems he's done the job successfully a few times in the past for Barry, so I don't fault him for sticking with the guy.

As to the whole leading to steroid talk, it's just the media trying to stir the talk back up again. Pretty sad that they've got nothing better to report on.

Oh, and I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I do believe Barry has most likely used steroids. I have absolutely no factual proof, or anything that would convict him. Just a personal opinion, but his choice of doctors really doesn't mean squat when dealing with the "steroid controversy". I mean, are the people against Barry now trying to say that BOTH the doctor and Balco supplied Barry with steroids? The whole idea that he would use two completely different suppliers at the same time seems kind of silly to me. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby autografik » Sat May 07, 2005 12:27 am

Well,
Not to begin in an affronted or defensive tone, but, it must be said: I myself have been practicing medicine for many, many years, more years than you have bones on your tibia for sure, and for some of you, more years, than it seems the number of your operating brain cells. The medical profession is rife with complicated and morally ambiguous decisions that far succeed and trifle the powers of your mental grasp. Without proper instruction carrying over for years, one misunderstands the structures of medicine and the behavior of doctors of this discipline. Well, I happen to know Mr. Bonds' doctor, have shared a few moments with him at some conferences, and can assure you of his aptitude, creative and innovative strength, and his precision of decision and unwavering scalpel hand. Nobody with Mr. Bonds on his team should worry about his swift and miraculous recovery (I would even recommend trading for him) and nobody, nobody, especially in this desperate room, should question the hallowed tradition of medicine or the surgical procedure in question.
God bless
autografik
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby wrveres » Sat May 07, 2005 1:02 am

autografik wrote:Well,
Not to begin in an affronted or defensive tone, but, it must be said: I myself have been practicing medicine for many, many years, more years than you have bones on your tibia for sure, and for some of you, more years, than it seems the number of your operating brain cells. The medical profession is rife with complicated and morally ambiguous decisions that far succeed and trifle the powers of your mental grasp. Without proper instruction carrying over for years, one misunderstands the structures of medicine and the behavior of doctors of this discipline. Well, I happen to know Mr. Bonds' doctor, have shared a few moments with him at some conferences, and can assure you of his aptitude, creative and innovative strength, and his precision of decision and unwavering scalpel hand. Nobody with Mr. Bonds on his team should worry about his swift and miraculous recovery (I would even recommend trading for him) and nobody, nobody, especially in this desperate room, should question the hallowed tradition of medicine or the surgical procedure in question.
God bless

ty ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby slomo007 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:40 am

autografik wrote:Well,
God bless

Why is his knee infected in the first place? Can the blame for this be placed on Bonds, the surgeon, both, or just plain bad luck? Just curious.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby mbuser » Sat May 07, 2005 1:42 am

you should see if he'll post that on his website so the giants can get filled in :-B
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers