Bonds uses shady doctor.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds uses shady doctor..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds uses shady doctor..

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:58 pm

Gee now this is a surprise hey... Wonder if he gets his flax seed oil from Dr. Ting too?

ROtoworld:
Barry Bonds uses Dr. Arthur Ting for his surgeries, but his record is less than stellar.
Ironically, Ting is on probation in the medical field for several things, including prescribing ''dangerous drugs and controlled substances to friends and acquaintances, particularly athletes, for whom he kept no medical records or for whom the medical records were fictitious, inadequate or inaccurate.'' Barry has not been named in any of the complaints filed, but you would think he'd use someone else based on everything going on in baseball right now. Then again, it's Barry Bonds.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolkonsky » Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 pm

Prepare yourself for every Bonds apologist on this site to bring the full wrath of their fury on your "lack of proof".

This guy is a joke.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin
bolkonsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri May 06, 2005 1:07 pm

Like I care what they think? Their routine is predictable and if a video tape of Bonds injecting HGH or roids into his butt was found they would argue it was a forgery created by the SF newspapers.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 06, 2005 1:13 pm

I don't get it.

He uses him as a surgeon. What are you implying?

I'm not being a smart ass but I am just asking you to walk us, slowly, through your chain of logic to your conclusion.

Here you go Yanks04, I'll start you off.

Barry uses Dr. Ting for a surgery.
Dr. Ting has been disciplined by his professional board for misconduct.
Therefore_________.

Please fill in the blank, I want to know where you are going with this.

If you fill in the blank with "Therefore Barry uses steroids" please explain your deductive reasoning.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Fri May 06, 2005 1:15 pm

I'd expect Ting to be causing infections in his knee, rather than supplying him with steroids, if that is what the OP is implying with a rather shady "Guilt by Association."
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby wrveres » Fri May 06, 2005 2:38 pm

Hey Yanks ...

why don't you use the real source for the article ... ?
FYI
This is another SF Chronicle piece, tossing dirt at Barry and hoping something sticks ..

Its a shame you are such a sheep. :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby wrveres » Fri May 06, 2005 2:54 pm

Here you can read the real "exclusive" here in todays paper titled ..

We dig up more chit and toss it into the fan, hoping it will stick, so the sheep can point fingers"

this is the same BS paper that gave us "Reefer Madness" back in the 70's.
How this tabloid has stayed in business is beyond me, but since they obviouslly have so many sheep that love to "quote" them, I am not surprised.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby josebach » Fri May 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I don't get it.

He uses him as a surgeon. What are you implying?

I'm not being a smart ass but I am just asking you to walk us, slowly, through your chain of logic to your conclusion.

Here you go Yanks04, I'll start you off.

Barry uses Dr. Ting for a surgery.
Dr. Ting has been disciplined by his professional board for misconduct.
Therefore_________.

Please fill in the blank, I want to know where you are going with this.

If you fill in the blank with "Therefore Barry uses steroids" please explain your deductive reasoning.

Considering two facts:
1) The doctor is on probation for giving "dangerous drugs and controlled substances to friends and acquaintances".
2) Bonds is at the head of a illegal steroid controversy.

The only thing you can really conclude from this is that Bonds is not a good decision maker.

Then again, if this doctor is as shady as they say, maybe we're not being told the whole truth regarding Bond's knee. If he simply chose not play this year as he mentioned in that interview back in March, he would be obligated to pay back this year's salary. But if he was injured all year... he could keep his salary and save the embarassment of quitting on his team. I'm at the point now where I wouldn't at all be surprised if he didn't play for the rest of the season.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dodger Blue » Fri May 06, 2005 3:51 pm

Dan Patrick had Dr. Ting on his show today. It was interesting. Seems Bonds has a staff infection in his knee which is a really bad. Staff eats up your cartilage, like to the bone. Ting thinks he got it all but any of you familar with staff knows that its really bad news. Joe Montana and Barry Sanders have both went to Dr. Ting and he is the team Doc for the San Jose Sharks so he is legit. We'll see but I'd guess Bonds is done for the year. Dr. Ting thinks Bonds should be back around mid July but that seems overly opptimistic.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 06, 2005 4:06 pm

Dodger Blue wrote:Dan Patrick had Dr. Ting on his show today. It was interesting. Seems Bonds has a staff infection in his knee which is a really bad. Staff eats up your cartilage, like to the bone. Ting thinks he got it all but any of you familar with staff knows that its really bad news. Joe Montana and Barry Sanders have both went to Dr. Ting and he is the team Doc for the San Jose Sharks so he is legit. We'll see but I'd guess Bonds is done for the year. Dr. Ting thinks Bonds should be back around mid July but that seems overly opptimistic.

The Dr. Isn't a quak you guys are overreacting
..the show was very informative
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers