Need league constitution samples - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need league constitution samples

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need league constitution samples

Postby cardboardbox » Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:44 pm

Not sure if thats what they are called but you get the idea...

I'm looking to start a new league. It will be a keeper league and probably have a small minor league roster and will be an auction draft. Could someone point me in the right direction to some other leagues similar to this?

I want to make sure I have everything in writting before I look around for people to join.
cardboardbox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mkoss » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:01 pm

I'm not sure where you can find it online, but the book Rotisserie Baseball 2003, or any preceeding year, has all of the rules listed. Although, I wouldn't want to have to retype them all ;)
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Postby trevisc » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:07 pm

yo Mk...

while we're on the subject. What's the best reading material for fantasy baseball that you can buy at a store (magazine,book,etc)?
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby tallmike » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:10 pm

Here's ours for our league for what its worth. Arkman put it together and keeps it current. Partial keeper with auction and faab free agent bidding.

http://www.genner.on.ca/noahville/baseb ... tution.htm
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mkoss » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:19 pm

trevis,

I usually buy 3-4 fantasy magazines, just whatever I can find at Borders, plus Street and Smith. I get S&S every year, but I think it's more of a tradition than anything.

There are a few books I like. I've read Rotisserie Baseball 2001, Idiot's Guide to Fantasy Baseball (I never let the title get to me, these types of books usually have good info), Rotisserie Baseball: Playing for Fun, and Rotisserie Baseball: Playing for Blood. Next on my list (assuming wifey expands my fantasy budget ;)) is Valuing Players for Rotisserie Baseball.

Anyone else have some good recommendations?
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Postby trevisc » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:31 pm

why don't you play Head to head?
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mkoss » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Just never have. Actually, in 1993 I played it one year through a service. You got mailed this big packet every week and you had to call a service for roster movements and such. It was really horrible. I think that experience soured me on H2H. But with the web, I would try it again.

Edit: Although, I really love rotisserie too. The auction and salary constraints really make it fun. Make you a deal...I'll try H2H and you try auction/salary.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Postby tallmike » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:41 pm

The auction is one of the funnest days of the year. What might be fun is to pick a day in February and do a mock auction in the chat room to determine value.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:42 pm

i'd love to do a mock draft but I don't like how you pick once and wait a day and pick again. Is there a draft that goes quicker?
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mkoss » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:45 pm

tallmike,

That's a good idea. Trev, he said "chat room" not forum. An auction is a very live thing that requires realtime chat or a live auction.

I've also thought of a little twist to auctions...silent auctions! Everyone submits a bid to the commish, or some arbiter, and the highest bid wins! Ties could be resolved in a number of ways, including the person who finished lower last year, or the person with the most money left to spend.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers