Sheets feeling better - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheets feeling better

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sheets feeling better

Postby JGarrison » Fri May 06, 2005 12:15 pm

May 6 The dizziness caused by inner-ear inflammation that has sidelined Ben Sheets (P) MLW has all but disappeared, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "The last two days, there's been a drastic change," said Sheets. "It finally let go of me." Manager Ned Yost said Sheets would need at least a bullpen session and probably a simulated game before returning to the rotation.

From roto
JGarrison
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rckaflla88 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:34 pm

any body know how long till sheets gets back...i'm trying to swing a deal for him..especially since he's injured..i can get him for low
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby checkers » Thu May 12, 2005 1:22 pm

Ben Sheets (P) MLW threw 65 pitches of pregame batting practice and bunt-fielding drills on Wednesday, according to the AP. He got dizzy a couple of times when he spun to throw the ball to a bag but said he's close to recovered. "The first couple days was straight spinning, then it turned to weak-kneed and disorientation all the time. Now it's cloudy. Now it's foggy in the head," Sheets said. The Brewers hope he can return on May 22.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chuckles » Thu May 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Cool, thanks Checkers! Kind of hard to wait, isn't it?!!?
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Monsterhomer » Fri May 13, 2005 1:15 pm

I got rid of my Sheets for Peavy and Foulke... I don't think he could be the same as before, especially this year.
Monsterhomer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri May 13, 2005 5:15 pm

Monsterhomer wrote:I got rid of my Sheets for Peavy and Foulke... I don't think he could be the same as before, especially this year.

That is ridiculous. It's a good trade you got but there is no reason to think Sheets will be any worse this year. It's not like he is missing time due to anything else other than some dizzy spells.

I fully expect him to recover and come back with fire especially on a vastly improved MIL team. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Monsterhomer » Fri May 13, 2005 5:20 pm

Oops, I meant I gave up Sheets and Foulke... I had a closer to spare and he was the big name that would make a guy give up a Peavy.

Sheets situation sounded too horrible to me for me to deal with. If he shakes around his head, he gets dizzy. So basically, if a ball's hit to him and he turns to throw to first base, he won't be able to do it. Also, this bug is lingering... it's the second time he's had it... there might be a chance that the third time would just completely knock him out. That's too much to worry about, so I went with the sure thing in Peavy.
Monsterhomer
College Coach
College Coach

Sheets

Postby LooseCannon » Tue May 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Look I unfortunately have Sheets and Schmidt.

I'm holding onto them both until they start and get hot. then I'll trade them for good stuff.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

ripped

Postby LooseCannon » Tue May 17, 2005 7:20 pm

That last trade you made was terrible if you gave up Sheets and Foulke for Peavy!

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby checkers » Wed May 18, 2005 9:22 am

After his latest setback last weekend when he experience severe dizziness, Ben Sheets felt great yesterday after a 90-pitch practice session.
He was only scheduled to throw 75 times, but wanted the additional 15 since he was feeling so good. He also announced yesterday that he's struggled with dizziness spells before in his career, specifically 2004, but was able to manage it. If all goes well today he'll throw a bullpen session on Thursday, and if the dizziness subsides, should be getting close to returning.

Let's hope this is a good news... I need Sheets w/ Harden now out 4-6 weeks..
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates