G. Sheffield
M. Lowell
C. Cordero

for

S. Rolen
M. Teixeiria
J. Mauer
C. Guillen

The problem enters when the commissioner accidently vetos the trade when he's looking at the stats a day before the trade is supposed to clear. He posts, saying it was an accident, to put the trade back up and he'll put it right through. Unfortunately, now the guy I'm trading with has changed his mind, and he doesn't want the trade anymore.

I'm really frustrated, but I don't feel like there's a lot I can do unless the guy I'm trading with decides to play fair. Any ideas?
proninja
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stoner420 » Fri May 06, 2005 11:23 am

your commish can be cool and hold the guy to his word. your commish is the one who messed up so he could lock the other manager until he agrees to trade or something.
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 am

Typical cold feet. :-P I'm not sure there's anything you can do. I don't know if the commish can initiate trades between two different teams, but that would probably be the only way to do it unless you shame him into accepting it by letting him have it on the message board. :-D Keep us posted though, it's an interesting predicament. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BigMusky » Fri May 06, 2005 11:32 am

I was in a league in which a guy agreed to a deal. It was a 2 for 1 deal and he had to drop a player. I was commish at the time and asked me if he could switch the player he wanted to drop. So I vetoed the deal and then reoffered him the deal. He could then switch the player he wanted. Well I was making out pretty good on the whole thing and another member of the league noticed the deal had been vetoed and offered the guy a better offer. Well that is just tough sh... in my opinion. I was in a really tough spot though because I did not want to abuse my power as commish. The other member is really my arch rival and was doing it just to piss me off, he succeeded. The guy I was dealing with though was being a pain in the ass about the whole thing, I had to threaten to lock his roster and agree to give him another player before I got the guy I wanted. Really was crap. You might have to do the same thing.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby agchris02 » Fri May 06, 2005 11:33 am

Your commish should be able to automatically put trades through, they almost always have that power, he should and has to, no options -- thats inexcusable, and the guy with cold feet aught to be beat with a stick
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 06, 2005 12:22 pm

The commish has the power to put the trade through on his own in both Yahoo and Sportsline.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 06, 2005 12:26 pm

if the deal was pending, and the only thing preventing it was an accident -- the deal has to be processed again. Otherwise, it simply isn't fair.

After two sides agree to a deal and accept it, it is done as far as they are concerned. If you are in a veto league, everyone else can interfere (via veto) but the trading teams are done.

I swear some people haven't learned anything during growing up. Not every deal benefits you, grow up.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Fri May 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Man, I feel your pain. My commish is a little happy with the veto button too, but I don't think his was accidental.

I personally would post an announcement publicly in the league explaining exactly what happened and requesting the other guy to reconsider and re-accept the trade. I would stand up for myself and make some noise. You're the only one losing in this situation and you're the one getting screwed by your commish's booboo and the other guy's crummy ethics.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Fri May 06, 2005 1:01 pm

I'd complain to the commish. Cold feet should definetely not stop a deal from going through.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Madison » Fri May 06, 2005 5:22 pm

It was a done deal until the commish accidentally hit the wrong button. I'd make the commish put it through even though the other guy wants to back out now. He already agreed to it and accepted it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers