Question About too many players from one team. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question About too many players from one team.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question About too many players from one team.

Postby RJCarrot » Thu May 05, 2005 11:33 pm

I currently have

Rollins
Utley
Abreu
Burrell

And im in a Roto league.

Is there anything that might be problematic about having 4 players from the same team in batting order other than just having a night that the team chokes?

However RBI's = Runs as well then so its like a 2fer.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu May 05, 2005 11:37 pm

I had most of the Cards last year (minus Pujols, unfortunately), and it didn't seem to be particularly beneficial, nor did it seem to hurt. It was just easier to check the St Louis box score. And, if you saw a HUGE game from the Cards, you knew one of your guys had a big night.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RJCarrot » Thu May 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Sweet, Just checkin cause its my first year. Didnt want to make any rookie mistakes cause I like to watch the phillies =)
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby ja515y » Fri May 06, 2005 12:23 am

I'm a phillies guy myself and I don't think I would want that many players from that lineup. They are disfunctional, strike out too much, and are very streaky. I would keep Rollins and Utley. Trade abreu and Burrell.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby agchris02 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:36 am

In fantasy baseball it virtually never matters. Ive got posada, matsui, jeter, and sheffield in one league. It happens, today for instance sheffield had a great day, most other yankees didnt. Fantasy sports are such an individual game youre normally ok. THE ONLY time this really isnt true is in roto H2H leagues with weekly matchups, sometimes it'll hurt your R cat if the team as a whole doesnt perform all week long. This isnt really common though and on the good teams that produce isnt a concern.

Basically just plug in the best players you can and dont worry if you have too many players on the same team. (batters)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby seniorpaul » Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 am

It really dosen't matter, except if you drafted them because they play for your favorite team. If thats the case, your likely to have reached for one of, or all of them in your draft.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stoner420 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:12 am

ja515y wrote:I'm a phillies guy myself and I don't think I would want that many players from that lineup. They are disfunctional, strike out too much, and are very streaky. I would keep Rollins and Utley. Trade abreu and Burrell.

trade burell maybe but abreu! are u crazy? y keep utley over abreu.
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby warrick95 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:59 pm

It's fine in roto, because at the end, your numbers will be the same over a full season. It hurts more in H2H, where if an entire team is cold or hot, you'll have horrible weeks at times, then awesome weeks.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri May 06, 2005 3:35 pm

In my NL Only I have

Biggio
Bagwell
Lane
and Taveras ..

and when those geriatrics put up bagels on the day it hurts. :-o

Once the season is done though, I expect them to be pretty close to their projections so it shouldn't matter in the big picture.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby ja515y » Fri May 06, 2005 5:52 pm

stoner420 wrote:
ja515y wrote:I'm a phillies guy myself and I don't think I would want that many players from that lineup. They are disfunctional, strike out too much, and are very streaky. I would keep Rollins and Utley. Trade abreu and Burrell.

trade burell maybe but abreu! are u crazy? y keep utley over abreu.

because Abreu would have more trade value.He's not going to hit as well as someone you could trade him for. Not this year. I don't think Utley would have any trade value right now, but has been playing a lot more lately and Is hitting very well. Trust me, Utley is special.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers