TAVERAS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TAVERAS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TAVERAS

Postby Jwilliams5521 » Thu May 05, 2005 4:59 pm

I dont know too much about this guy but i see he has 10 steals and a decent avg. for those of you who know more than i, is he going to keep this up? more importantly, will keep his job when berkman returns? thank you.
Jwilliams5521
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Thu May 05, 2005 5:04 pm

I'm not sure if he's going to keep his job or not. The entire outfield is filled with rookies (Scott, Lane, and Taveras). So, I would assume the one struggling the most goes.

I would say they find a spot for Taveras when Berkman returns. But, who knows.

As for "can he keep it up?". Yes. Check out his minor league stats, the man can run! He has ten steals in spring btw. He just has to keep getting on base.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tomkatt » Thu May 05, 2005 5:08 pm

Taveras is the only true CF of the bunch I believe, and throwing out three runners at the plate recently can't hurt either.

Sky's the limit for this dude when it comes to stealing. He just has to find a way to avoid prolonged slumps and keep his on base percentage decent.
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Armed and Hammered » Thu May 05, 2005 5:15 pm

kingctb27 wrote:When Berkman comes back it won't be Tavarez moving to the bench it will most likely be lane

I think it'll be Taveras in CF, with Berkman and Lane on either side. Biggio will remain at 2nd, Scott will be sent down and Burke stays on the bench. I hope. ;-)
Armed and Hammered
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OREO fan » Thu May 05, 2005 5:20 pm

scott has already been sent down

they have to keep playing taveras right? i mean they just promoted him to leadoff man - they have not played burke the whole year so why should they start now?

the only x-factor to me is mike lamb - is he gonna start stealing some at-bats? if he does he should be taking them from morgan ensberg and not jason lane (how quickly i forget cursing jimy williams last year for taking at-bats away from ensberg)
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby reznorsboy » Thu May 05, 2005 6:08 pm

Taveras is the lead-off man of the future and prolly even the present so I can't see him sitting much!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jwilliams5521 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:35 pm

thanks for the info so far guys. in addition, does he have the capability to add any power to his game or is he strictly a juan pierre type guy?
Jwilliams5521
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigLebowski » Thu May 05, 2005 7:20 pm

Jwilliams5521 wrote:thanks for the info so far guys. in addition, does he have the capability to add any power to his game or is he strictly a juan pierre type guy?

He has no power and doesn't really have the body type to put on any weight and still be able to run like he does.

As he matures I think a 4-7 HR season is about all you can expect from him. He has more power than Pierre but then again, so does my Gramma!
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 445)

Postby LetsPlay2 » Thu May 05, 2005 9:42 pm

Lamb will take time away from Ensberg not Taveras if the 'Stros want to give Lamb some ABs. Taveras has to really slump to worry about losing PT even when Berkman returns.
LetsPlay2
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers