how many bases will figgins steal this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

how many bases will figgins steal this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

so how many huh?

30-35
9%
35-40
35%
40-45
22%
45-50
4%
50+
30%

Total votes : 23

how many bases will figgins steal this year?

Postby Laean » Wed May 04, 2005 10:00 pm

IF (note the "if") he steals 50, does that make him as valuable as pierre?

hitting 2nd in that lineup basically locks up 110+ runs and 60 rbis in my opinion. the hits might fluctuate between 170 to 180, and the homers will be less than 10, but a 110+ 60 and 40 SBs .300 avg seems awfully good to me.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikemcj55 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:17 pm

As a Figgins owner, I'm hopeful. According to scouts, he is one of the fastest guys in baseball, and the reason he didn't go over 40 last year is because he hadn't developed the proper baserunning instincts. He was thrown out 13 times last year after all. With another year under his belt, I'm hoping his numbers go up, and the Angels will certainly keep spitting in the face of Moneyball.

I can see him hitting 40 sb's with some realism, he's already up to 12.
As for being as valuable as Pierre, I wouldn't be too quick to smoke that particular herbal supplement. Pierre will start running soon enough, and he is guaranteed a spot at the top of the Marlins lineup. Figgins is battling for time, that question has been pushed to the background by his recent emergence. Scoscia might have expressed his desire to keep him in the lineup with kennedy's return, but if Figgins retuns to his early season slumps, he'll be behind McPhearson and Kennedy on the depth chart.
However, I will say that he does have one advantage over Pierre, namely that he has eligibility EVERYWHERE, most importantly 2b. A second baseman with 100 runs, 55 rbis, .297 avg, 40+ steals, and a handful of homeruns seems pretty good in a position that scarce.

KEEP RUNNING FIGGINS!!!
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Wed May 04, 2005 10:46 pm

i have him too.

i've left an offer on the table of figgins for billy wagner to this one team for a while, but he hasn't responded. i'm not sure if it's because he's insulted or if it's because he hasn't been checking.

his ss right now is jack wilson.

i'm wondering if i should raise the incentive for him and offer my ss furcal.

good idea? bad?

10 team h2h weekly update yahoo league

cats:
Runs, Hits, HRs, RBIs, SBs, walks, total bases, OPS
Wins, Losses, SVs, ERs, walks, Ks, ERA, WHIP

my team:

C: pudge
1B: helton
2B: figgins
3B: arod
SS: furcal
OF: sheffield
OF: patterson
OF: a jones
Uti: david wright
Uti: burrell
Uti: utley
BN: biggio
DL: frank thomas
DL: nomar

SP: carlos zambrano
SP: halladay
RP: brazoban
RP: hoffman
P: clement
P: hampton
P: garland
P: hermanson
P: takatsu
BN: zito
BN: seo
BN: wade miller
BN: loaiza
BN: burgos

(sorry this is a trade question.)
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby max01889 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:10 pm

I voted in the 35-40 category, but I could definatly see him running wild and getting 50+ (as long as he keeps up this hot streak). With him and Crawford, my team is tearing up SBs.
max01889
College Coach
College Coach

Postby max01889 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:10 pm

I voted in the 35-40 category, but I could definatly see him running wild and getting 50+ (as long as he keeps up this hot streak). With him and Crawford, my team is tearing up SBs.
max01889
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Wed May 04, 2005 11:12 pm

If Figgins steals 50+, there's no question that he'd be more valuable than Pierre. In fact, he'd probably be a borderline first-rounder. He's basically a .290-.300 hitter. His power is somewhat limited, but he'll probably still get 50-65 RBI along with 5-10 HR. Plus, he'll score a ton of runs hitting in front of Vlad, Garret Anderson, and Finley. Tack on 55 steals, add eligibility at 2B, 3B, SS, and CF (in Yahoo leagues), and you've basically got first-round value. About the same as Crawford, I'd say, with less power but more overall value due to position eligibility.

But will he actually steal 50+ bases? I'm skeptical, but the Angels have shown that they basically love to run. To me, it seems odd that he has so many stolen bases when he's hitting in front of Vlad and Garret Anderson, and if he gets caught a few more times, I suspect they might become a bit more cautious, since it's a little frustrating to waste a baserunner in front of such good hitters.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:27 pm

My pick is looking better and better everyday. :-)

The Figgly Wigglies are on their way up.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers