Woody Williams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Woody Williams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Woody Williams

Postby wannabthechamp » Wed May 04, 2005 5:55 pm

I saw he was placed on the DL today but I don't see a timetable for his return. Will he just miss the minimum 15 days?
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 05, 2005 10:35 am

I haven't heard anything about his timetable.
Sucks he is going to miss his start against the Cards. He is a nice pitcher if he can only stay healthy.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby NZF » Thu May 05, 2005 11:44 pm

The problem with Woody is he gets used and abused.

The Cards pitched him into the ground the last two years and the Padres have started this year the same way.

He threw 121 pitches in his last start and still couldn't get out of the 6th innings. Don't be surprised if this latest injury takes some time to heal.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat May 07, 2005 3:05 am

Woody's going to miss two starts. Darrell May started in his place today and will next game. Tim Redding, though, is also experiencing shoulder stiffness, so if he is placed on the DL the Padres will be forced to either call up Justin Germano or Tim Stauffer. Stauffer is the long term solution, but he's only been in professional baseball for two years so the team would have to assign him if they wanted to send him down, whereas Germano is part of the 40-man roster so the team could call him up for his spot start (Sunday?) and then send him down the following day since Khalil Greene is coming off the DL Monday. Kinda complicated, but that's how it's probably going to playout.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates