Dave Matthews Band Fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dave Matthews Band Fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 05, 2005 4:29 pm

Oh I thought they might be breaking up nevermind don't care :)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dave Matthews Band Fans

Postby blankman » Thu May 05, 2005 4:49 pm

WharfRat wrote:
blankman wrote:My favorite has always been the entire Central Park Concert:
Dancing Nancies
Warehouse
Ants Marching

All in a row 8-o 8-o Just amazing.

Throw in Cortez the Killer and an outstanding Jimi Thing not to mention All Along the Watchtower, Stay, What Would You Say and Crush and a bunch more ;-D ;-D ;-D

Storrs from 1999 is a phenominal Davespeak album if you like that ;-D

That is a great disc, even though I already had most of those songs on their OTHER live cd's... ;-7

Anybody going to see them this summer? My girl works at a radio station and she got GREAT seats when they played Nissan Pavilion in Virginia last year. Phenomenal show.

(I'd highly recommend picking up some live Pearl Jam if you like the DMB live discs. I've really been getting into that whole live series PJ did lately, some of those shows are unreal).

The songs may be on other live albums but that doesn't make the Central Park Concert any less amazing. Live songs vary so much by performance and that album just put everything together, has an outstanding setlist and had a great environment. They're certainly not a band that hearing one live version of a song is the end of things. The stuff they had is just spectacular in that album, plus they played the National Anthem during the show (middle of All Along the Watchtower) ;-D ;-D ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby afromangettindrunk » Fri May 06, 2005 5:17 pm

I must say that Dave Matthews Band bores me to tears. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I hate their music and it is in fact the definition of lame....regardless, to each their own.

But in regard to the free live downloads, many bands allow you to download their shows for free. A site I used to frequent, which is now gone to sh*t, http://www.nugs.net used to have shows from the Dead, Phish, Keller Williams, Widespread Panic, even Dave for free download.

Try this site for free live music.
http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisti ... 93d8ca2087
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 am

DMB kicks ass. Every song is great.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby WharfRat » Tue May 10, 2005 6:15 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:DMB kicks ass. Every song is great.

Not Halloween. That song blows.

Oh btw I never was able to get the VH1 thing to work, but I picked up the new cd today on my lunch break and I've been listening to it in my office since. I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and those songs are going to sound pretty wicked live. :-]
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby logan » Tue May 10, 2005 7:09 pm

i gave it two days . its decent but i went right back to ben folds today and will wait for coldplay when it drops. their new single is sick.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Thu May 12, 2005 7:44 pm

I'm a HUGE DMB fan, but honestly, this album blows. They hired a rap producer to do the album and what they got was a rap CD.

-Dave's acoustic guitar (the basis for the band IMO) was nonexistant
-Most of the songs had only one verse
-Boyd's voilin was incredibly weak when it was even there. Nothing fast and creative, just a slow beat.
-There was no energy in any of the songs with the possible exception of American Baby.
-Sythesizers were used in beats. The word synthesizer is enough to make me puke in reference to the Dave Matthews Band
-There was nearly no music; it was just Dave singing the same thing over and over with nothing more than a beat in the background (just like a rap album)

Really this producer, Mark Batson, he is absolutely horrible :-t :-t :-t

Here's hoping Live they can retify these songs by bringing some energy to these "songs" and playing with some kind of force.
:-/
Thankfully, I think they'll be able to make something good out of these when they appear live. :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Thu May 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Luckily the album is a bit better on the second listen, but nowhere near what it should have been.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Fri May 13, 2005 11:09 am

blankman wrote:Luckily the album is a bit better on the second listen, but nowhere near what it should have been.

It was the reverse for me. I started out really getting into it, but after a couple listens I found myself getting really bored and irritated. You're definitely right about all the things they did wrong, and Batson screwed this up. Some of these tracks are good SONGS (Louisiana Bayou, for one) but sound like crap. I wonder how much the bassist had to do with it, didn't he say not too long ago that he wanted to get Puffy on a DMB album or something?? I'm already looking forward to the next solo CD from Dave....
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk