The Official let's release Brown and Giambi thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

The Official let's release Brown and Giambi thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Official let's release Brown and Giambi thread

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:09 pm

Yeah, they both make a ton of monry, but let's face it...Brown is done and not worth a roster spot. And Giambi should be brought to court to see if some agreement can be made to release him at a lesser price.

We have a 15M pitcher that can't get anyone out and a 18 M 1b that can't play 1b and who seems to think a walk is a major accomplishment...and who we start another over the hill 1b instead of. Time to realize these guys are just not worth the bother at this point. If we need Brown or Giambi to win, it is over already. It may be anyway, but why continue with this farce?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Official let's release Brown and Giambi thread

Postby dimaggio5 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah, they both make a ton of monry, but let's face it...Brown is done and not worth a roster spot. And Giambi should be brought to court to see if some agreement can be made to release him at a lesser price.

We have a 15M pitcher that can't get anyone out and a 18 M 1b that can't play 1b and who seems to think a walk is a major accomplishment...and who we start another over the hill 1b instead of. Time to realize these guys are just not worth the bother at this point. If we need Brown or Giambi to win, it is over already. It may be anyway, but why continue with this farce?

Ditto! Team Spirit and Comradarie is highly valued but how would you feel as a ballplayer on the Yankees knowing that every 5th day when Brown gets the ball that you will have to overcome a 5 run deficit early. That when Giambi bats that there is 80% probability he will make an out. And as a pitcher any ball hit to Giambi will have a high probability of being misplayed or not fielded cleanly or smoothly. E3 man on 1st and 2nd no outs. Not a good feeling not does it instill confidence in your teammates.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu May 12, 2005 11:11 am

Well brown finally showed us something the other day. He can be a good #4 starter for the rest of the year (I hope :-o )

Giambi is done, he is nothing without the roids. He is just a waste of a roster spot.
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dimaggio5 » Thu May 12, 2005 6:15 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Well brown finally showed us something the other day. He can be a good #4 starter for the rest of the year (I hope :-o )

Giambi is done, he is nothing without the roids. He is just a waste of a roster spot.

Sad but true. I know I have been one of the most vocal individuals against Giambi's skills but in all honesty I did like the guy as a Yankee and ballplayer. He is not a bad individual. I found exceptiion to his stubborness and ego to NOT go the other way when they shifted on him and for his insistance on playing 1b where he was atrocious with his glove. When your team is down 2-1 games in the ALDS and a team like the Angels pulls a radical shift on you with men in scoring postion, unless your Ted Williams or have fighter pilot vision, you make that team honest by putting that ball in play on the left side even if you have to bunt. Personal ego and accolades get put aside for the benefit of the team in the playoffs. However, Giambi was like a bull charging a wall thinking he could "break" through it. Well he lost and hurt the team. Steriods was only one of the issues which caused his downfall. Since coming to NY he had really changed as a hitter and these changes really messed up his mechanics. He bacame too pull conscience and started to believe he was greater than he really was. I hope he can find himself again for his sake but for the Yankees the time has come to move on with Tino and or youth. GO Yanks!

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to New York Yankees