Rocker at it again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rocker at it again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 pm

mbuser wrote:what's sad is that he is more likely to be heckled bacause he is john rocker, and more likely to respond because he's john rocker and what he's been through, and it's only news because it's john rocker. i'm sure there are exchanges like this at minor league ballparks on occasion, but the only one that makes news is rocker, which in turn makes it more likely to happen again.

all this because someone thought we should know what he thought about people who ride the subway.

I'd be more sympathetic if he'd displayed any empathy for the folks he bashed in his rant...either people w/ a ghastly disease OR people who may very well have gone through 10 shades of bureaucratic hell b/c they decided, most likely CAREFULLY, that they'd like to live where we enjoy watching baseball.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobby Baseball » Tue May 03, 2005 10:38 pm

I can't believe he's still only 30. I feel like this clown has been around for 20 years.

Double Deuce Ranch
Bobby Baseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mbuser » Tue May 03, 2005 11:51 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
mbuser wrote:what's sad is that he is more likely to be heckled bacause he is john rocker, and more likely to respond because he's john rocker and what he's been through, and it's only news because it's john rocker. i'm sure there are exchanges like this at minor league ballparks on occasion, but the only one that makes news is rocker, which in turn makes it more likely to happen again.

all this because someone thought we should know what he thought about people who ride the subway.

I'd be more sympathetic if he'd displayed any empathy for the folks he bashed in his rant...either people w/ a ghastly disease OR people who may very well have gone through 10 shades of bureaucratic hell b/c they decided, most likely CAREFULLY, that they'd like to live where we enjoy watching baseball.

i'm more sympathetic towards the situation than rocker himself. i'm sure he was just as ignorant 10 years ago as he is today, but nobody cared when nobody knew. stupid is as stupid does.
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Pablo975 » Wed May 04, 2005 12:27 am

I agree mbuser......it's a twisted vicious cycle.....but I do find humor in the fact the man is proudly ignorant.

He's the type of former star I want to have one insane night in Vegas only to wake up and find out he bet, and lost, his fortune on a hand of blackjack and then got an STD from a Vegas whore....welcome back to the real world!

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed May 04, 2005 10:12 am

Some of you are posting hate notes for Rocker, but when he gets called up to close for the Cubs you'll be singing a different tune. Add him now!

;-)
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:48 am

Brade wrote:I don't support the guy, but it's ridiculous how he gets more hate for mere words rather than actually committing any crimes, like a lot of other players...

That is actually a very good point. I guess this is a case where words speak louder than actions. :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

splitting hairs

Postby gabenterprises » Wed May 04, 2005 1:09 pm

Words really are actions too. And his rant probably made a lot of people feel better about being bigoted. He couldn't do much worse.

This recent interaction is just funny. What a punk.
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:15 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Brade wrote:I don't support the guy, but it's ridiculous how he gets more hate for mere words rather than actually committing any crimes, like a lot of other players...

That is actually a very good point. I guess this is a case where words speak louder than actions. :-?

does anyone have the clip of what he said??? Id say what he said deserves all the attention its gotten and probably more.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby planet » Wed May 04, 2005 1:32 pm

rocker apologists are misguided
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:33 pm

planet wrote:rocker apologists are misguided

So, you'd rather have a player on drugs murder someone than spew hate? Seriously?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers