This post is for everyone who picked santana over randy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This post is for everyone who picked santana over randy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:58 pm

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:I know it's early, but in two weeks when RJ returns, he's going to have one helluva tough hill to climb to match Santana.

Are you sure Santana will stay healthy all year?
I'll take my chances with a 25 year old vs a 41 year old to stay healthy. But no one can say with certainty either way.

Right, you can't be sure either way. You could look at their ages....or you could look at is as RJ has had many seasons of high innings, and Santana is coming off of his first season with a large amount of IP. Arm troubles? RJ's health doesn't really bother me, and I only own him in one league (not my money league, either). I did advocate taking RJ over Santana though, and I still think he'll turn out to be the more valuable of the two.

I will admit that the groin injury is a little scary though, hopefully he comes back healthy, as he's one of the greatest pitchers we'll ever have a priviledge to see.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 03, 2005 7:03 pm

I just hope for RJ owners this injury isn't gonna bother him like it did Oswalt. :-o
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 pm

You could look at their ages....or you could look at is as RJ has had many seasons of high innings, and Santana is coming off of his first season with a large amount of IP. Arm troubles? RJ's health doesn't really bother me,

You sound an awful log like ZiG. :-b

Right now, I'd have to say Santana is less of an injury risk than RJ because well... RJ *IS* injured. A 42 year old with a groin injury? Not to mention his bum knee with fake cartilage. It's no surprise that his velocity has been down lately.

I'll take Santana thanks.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:13 pm

bleach168 wrote:
You could look at their ages....or you could look at is as RJ has had many seasons of high innings, and Santana is coming off of his first season with a large amount of IP. Arm troubles? RJ's health doesn't really bother me,

You sound an awful log like ZiG. :-b

Right now, I'd have to say Santana is less of an injury risk than RJ because well... RJ *IS* injured. A 42 year old with a groin injury? Not to mention his bum knee with fake cartilage. It's no surprise that his velocity has been down lately.

I'll take Santana thanks.

Hey now, I bought low on Santana and loved every minute of it last year. But when it comes to youth vs experience, give me the experience. Especially when the experienced is one of the greatest pitchers ever.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue May 03, 2005 7:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:120 games left...

and wait until we find out that rincon took enhancers that santana gave him.......

:-? :-D !+)
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue May 03, 2005 8:38 pm

Im not sayin that Santana will definitely be a better option once the year plays out, but am I the only person who noticed that it's all the Yankee fans who are making a big deal out of this statement?
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Tue May 03, 2005 8:44 pm

How can this injury to RJ surprise anyone? When you have a persistent problem with a joint it's gonna put strains on other parts of your body, lower and upper, particularly in pitchers. This is why you dont take a 40+ year old pitcher when knee problems in the 1st round.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 9:15 pm

afromangettindrunk wrote:Im not sayin that Santana will definitely be a better option once the year plays out, but am I the only person who noticed that it's all the Yankee fans who are making a big deal out of this statement?

I'm not a Yankee fan at all, and I made a big deal about it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue May 03, 2005 11:48 pm

slomo007 wrote:
afromangettindrunk wrote:Im not sayin that Santana will definitely be a better option once the year plays out, but am I the only person who noticed that it's all the Yankee fans who are making a big deal out of this statement?

I'm not a Yankee fan at all, and I made a big deal about it.

gold medal for you ;-7
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:31 am

davidmarver wrote:I took Peavy over RJ. Most pitchers falter in New York. I don't think this is just some fluke.

So instead of taking Peavy in the 3rd or 4th round, you wasted your first round pick on him, when you could have say, gotten Tejada? I wouldn't be bragging.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers