This post is for everyone who picked santana over randy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This post is for everyone who picked santana over randy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue May 03, 2005 6:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:120 games left...

Did I fall into a coma for two weeks? :-?

The Yanks are 11-15. That's 26 games. 162 games in the year minus the 26 games they have played equals 136 games left. That's more than an extra two weeks. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Tue May 03, 2005 6:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Jack-In-A-Box wrote:

Not for pitchers. 120 games equals about 24 starts( If he were to start every 5 games) left and since he's going to miss some you can start looking at it that he has a very slim chance of reaching the 20 wins that most people thought was a lock. When you look at it that way you tend to feel a little bit better about picking Santana instead of RJ.

ok sure

Good answer.

I just make it a point to never, ever take a pitcher in the first round and rarely in the second. That way I can avoid the my-ace-sucks-or-is-on-the-DL problem. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 03, 2005 6:25 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:
Jack-In-A-Box wrote:I didn't take Santana over RJ because I chose to. I did it because the guy 2 spots ahead of me took RJ. I knew I was getting one of the 2 and so far I'm glad the Santana slid to me in the 8th spot. :-°
Truthfully I'm not sure if I'm more happy about that or the fact I was able to get Tejada on the swing back. :-D
no offense, but is your league full of idiots :-b :-°

None taken because I could care less if you thought they were idiots. Sometimes I feel the same. But you could make a case for the way they picked the way they did. Our league scoring makes closers extremely valuable(Same pts for W's/Saves). Thus our first round went as follows till I got Tejada in rd 2. Last year Gagne scored 741pts and was 3rd highest among pitchers. RJ was no.1 with 779pts. Santana 2nd highest w/ 755, Rivera was 4th best at 733, Schimdt was 5th at 700.

1.Pujols
2.Vlad
3.Arod
4.Gagne
5.Manny
6.RJ
7.Beltran
8.Santana :-°
9.Schmidt
10.Soriano

11.Rolen :-?
12.Rivera
13.Tejada :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 03, 2005 6:47 pm

Pedantic wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Jack-In-A-Box wrote:

Not for pitchers. 120 games equals about 24 starts( If he were to start every 5 games) left and since he's going to miss some you can start looking at it that he has a very slim chance of reaching the 20 wins that most people thought was a lock. When you look at it that way you tend to feel a little bit better about picking Santana instead of RJ.

ok sure

Good answer.

I just make it a point to never, ever take a pitcher in the first round and rarely in the second. That way I can avoid the my-ace-sucks-or-is-on-the-DL problem. :-b

Well, I'm not much of a fan taking a pitcher 1st round either but when Santana comes to you at #8 you gotta take him. I felt he was the best player available at the time. Not to mention Santana kept me from losing my 1st week by 2 points because of his last start on Sunday when he got 11 K's I believe and 7IP with the W.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 03, 2005 6:50 pm

I took Peavy over RJ. Most pitchers falter in New York. I don't think this is just some fluke.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:50 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:This thread is stupid.

Are the people who took Brian Roberts over Beltran supposed to be patting themselves on the back too?

It's FOUR WEEKS into the season. Everyone relax.

Lol, good post.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:53 pm

I know it's early, but in two weeks when RJ returns, he's going to have one helluva tough hill to climb to match Santana.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:54 pm

bleach168 wrote:I know it's early, but in two weeks when RJ returns, he's going to have one helluva tough hill to climb to match Santana.

Are you sure Santana will stay healthy all year?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:55 pm

bleach168 wrote:I know it's early, but in two weeks when RJ returns, he's going to have one helluva tough hill to climb to match Santana.

Santana hasn't been so ridiculous that it's unfathomable to take Randy above him.

Sure he's winning but alot of that is due to Minnesota's hitting. His ERA isn't incredibly spectacular (or at least it wasn't through his first 3 or so starts.)

I'm not sure what his numbers are right now exactly, but we're 1 month into the season. Give me a break.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 03, 2005 6:56 pm

slomo007 wrote:

Are you sure Santana will stay healthy all year?
I'll take my chances with a 25 year old vs a 41 year old to stay healthy. But no one can say with certainty either way.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers