Nook Logan... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nook Logan...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 03, 2005 4:40 pm

Hmmmm very interesting. Where does Logan typically bat in the lineup? Early or late?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:42 pm

He's got some potential, he isn't ready to bat .300+ like Pierre though. Plus, he hits 9th on the days Inge/Guillen/Pudge are in the lineup. Don't give up much for him, but if he's available and you need some steals, you could do worse.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 03, 2005 4:44 pm

slomo007 wrote:He's got some potential, he isn't ready to bat .300+ like Pierre though. Plus, he hits 9th on the days Inge/Guillen/Pudge are in the lineup. Don't give up much for him, but if he's available and you need some steals, you could do worse.

Well, I've already picked up Ryan Freel from Cinci only to find out he's not an everyday guy. That frustrates me. Logan's on the ww and I'm considering grabbing him instead... but batting 9th kinda blows. Decisions decisions.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:46 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
slomo007 wrote:He's got some potential, he isn't ready to bat .300+ like Pierre though. Plus, he hits 9th on the days Inge/Guillen/Pudge are in the lineup. Don't give up much for him, but if he's available and you need some steals, you could do worse.

Well, I've already picked up Ryan Freel from Cinci only to find out he's not an everyday guy. That frustrates me. Logan's on the ww and I'm considering grabbing him instead... but batting 9th kinda blows. Decisions decisions.

I would hold on to Freel for a few more days. If D'Angelo continues to struggle for an extended period, Freel could steal the everyday job. Logan will likely be available, as most people haven't heard of him. Keep an eye on him in the meantime though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 03, 2005 5:00 pm

slomo007 wrote:I would hold on to Freel for a few more days. If D'Angelo continues to struggle for an extended period, Freel could steal the everyday job. Logan will likely be available, as most people haven't heard of him. Keep an eye on him in the meantime though.

Thanks, I'll follow your advice. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dkakridas » Tue May 03, 2005 6:31 pm

Logan is a nice player in the Tom Goodwin mold. Lightning fast and makes decent contact. However, if you saw the game last night agianst the Red Sox, Logan butchered two plays in the OF and really looked bad out there. I don't see him holding that job all year and in fact, all he is now doing is keeping the position warm for Detroit's best prospect, Curtis Granderson. Curtis is a far superior hitter and defender and is ready to make the jump. If you make an investment for Logan for the short term, also try to grab Granderson on your reserve list. You will be happy you did.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed May 04, 2005 4:00 pm

As someone who's been keeping an eye on Granderson, I don't think he's ready yet. He's hitting decently right now (check my sig), but the 5 BB's to 27 K's needs a bit of improvement.

Concerning Logan, the one game with 2 errors won't be an everyday thing. That was a bad game. He's no gold glover or anything, but he plays very solid defense and covers a ton of ground. Granderson is also a very solid fielder, but doesn't cover Logan's range. Scouts project Granderson as a decent CF, but a very good corner outfielder. For the Tigers' needs he will be playing CF for the near future in AAA and when he finally gets the call.

Logan certainly has the speed, the wild card is his ability to get on base. That will determine his fate. Magglio is quite a ways away, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dkakridas » Wed May 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Well, Craig Monroe just left the game with a leg injury...stay tuned. Granderson, ready or not, could be coming up to replace him.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers