C. Patterson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

C. Patterson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

C. Patterson

Postby Airzoom32 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:39 am

He seems to be hitting for power pretty well right now, but any idea why he isnt stealing any bases? Last year he only had 3SB in April and 4SB in May, but I am counting on this guy to be somewhere in the 20-25HR 30-35SB category and currently I am sitting last in SB. Anyone who has watched the cubs play alot any idea why he isnt running at all yet?
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dmville » Tue May 03, 2005 9:01 am

Don't know for sure, but I could guess since he isn't leading off all the time now (50% so far) and is sometimes batting 2nd and 3rd he doesn't have as many opportunities due to someone being on in front of him and also wouldn't want to be thrown out when you have .430-avg 8-HR 30-RBI Derrek Lee hitting right behind you.

Plus weather so far could be a factor so far and he did get plunked on the knee in ST, though it isn't bothering him that I've heard.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue May 03, 2005 10:11 am

Dusty doesn't run...plain and simple. It looked like he would do so the first 2 weeks but has since retreated to the "we don't run" standard.

He's still a great hitter and should have a breakout year - which he is already on pace for.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Tue May 03, 2005 10:43 am

I remember using a high draft pick on Patterson in a league last year, being frustrated with him by May and dropping him and then he had a tear in the second half. I bet he does something similar and begins to pick it up as the year goes on.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers