Vazquez #1 player for last week - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vazquez #1 player for last week

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vazquez #1 player for last week

Postby Twinskies » Tue May 03, 2005 3:12 am

I was browsing the fantasy stats in my yahoo league when i saw that Vazquez was the #1 rated player in the past week based on standard yahoo scoring. I know its a little early to be excited, but after his first few outings, his recent turn-around has been rather Santana-like. Glad I hung onto this guy...what do you think of his potential for the rest of the season?
This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh people will come Ray, people will most definitely come.
Twinskies
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Tue May 03, 2005 3:30 am

Trade him while his value is somewhat "high" ... he sucks.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby intense » Tue May 03, 2005 3:31 am

I like him for the rest of the year. I don't know how many W's he'll pick up, but his era/whip/Ks should be decent. He was on the expos so he's used to not having much support. I definetly wouldn't mind owning him.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby intense » Tue May 03, 2005 3:33 am

so0perspam wrote:Trade him while his value is somewhat "high" ... he sucks.

LOL, I decided your opinion is invalid due to your sig....

j/k its all good.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue May 03, 2005 3:35 am

I agree with the previous post. sooperspam has no idea whats going on. vasquez is a pitcher with great stuff. he doenst have the stuff to produce in high stress situations. arizona is a place the guy will succeed. i dont have him in one of my impportant leagues, but i know he'll post above average numbers. he doesnt suck. sooperspam seems to have been burnt by vasquez when with the yankees.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 03, 2005 5:16 am

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I agree with the previous post. sooperspam has no idea whats going on. vasquez is a pitcher with great stuff. he doenst have the stuff to produce in high stress situations. arizona is a place the guy will succeed. i dont have him in one of my impportant leagues, but i know he'll post above average numbers. he doesnt suck. sooperspam seems to have been burnt by vasquez when with the yankees.

lol...if you want to see someone bitter about Vaz... talk to Yanksfan... he'll tell you all about the gutless wonder!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:20 am

Here's a Yanks fan.

Guy sucked in New York.

In 'Zona? He's money. I drafted him as my 3rd starter and am very happy I did. Vazquez will be where he was as an Expo 2 years ago, which is a top 15 pitcher by the end of the year.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Airzoom32 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:25 am

He has a great K/BB ratio this year, he just got hit HARD the first few games. I live in AZ and watched every start, never in my whole life have I seen a guy pitch 13 innings (his first 3 starts) with a 17/4 K/BB ratio while giving up only 2HR in that time and have an ERA of 11.57. I think that he will have a great year simply cause it looks like he is back in control of where he is throwing the ball.
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RynMan » Tue May 03, 2005 6:42 am

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I agree with the previous post. sooperspam has no idea whats going on. vasquez is a pitcher with great stuff. he doenst have the stuff to produce in high stress situations. arizona is a place the guy will succeed. i dont have him in one of my impportant leagues, but i know he'll post above average numbers. he doesnt suck. sooperspam seems to have been burnt by vasquez when with the yankees.

Also conveniently has the most irrelevant stats in there. ;-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:46 am

RynMan wrote:

Also conveniently has the most irrelevant stats in there. ;-)

Well not from a fantasy perspective, but Ks and walks would be nice in it too :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers