Damon would rather retire than play for the Yanks. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damon would rather retire than play for the Yanks.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Yoda wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I want a 7 year contract from the Sox, with a 20 million signing bonus. And no, I won't consider playing for the Yankees.

Good luck Damon, you're not really that good. :-b

It's also funny that he thinks that he assumes that the Yanks would even want him let alone give him a 6 year contract. Dumbass.

I'm pretty sure the Yanks would like to sign him, they will go after the best CF available (I don't know if he is or not), just like with Beltran last year. It doesn't matter which team the player has played on with the Yanks.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby klvrdude » Mon May 02, 2005 7:19 pm

Conner wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

Very few players ever play for just one team for thier career if they have any talent, and most aren't willing to take less to be on a better team (i.e. free up money) b/c there is no salary cap in baseball.

You're one insightful son of a gun....

Thank you, but my father isn't a gun.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon May 02, 2005 7:23 pm

I have a feeling that if Damon is talking about knowing the Yankees will come after him hard, he probably has inside information that you all don't even know exists. I mean, he is a pro player and a celebrity...he just MIGHT be a little more in tune to who will be going after him in the winter.

Either way, I love the guy whether he keeps playin in Boston, retires, or goes to new york.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby klvrdude » Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:The point is, Damon would not be the only prominent Red Sock to go to the Yankees.

But if your theory is that prominent Red Sox leave Boston for NY to win a WS, what incentive is it for Damon to wear the pin stripes?

The Pettitte/Clemens thing was just an example of how top FA just don't go to NY, but they sometimes leave.

There is no real loyalty in baseball anymore!
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Conner » Mon May 02, 2005 7:31 pm

klvrdude wrote:
Conner wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

Very few players ever play for just one team for thier career if they have any talent, and most aren't willing to take less to be on a better team (i.e. free up money) b/c there is no salary cap in baseball.

It wasn't really a complimnt. It was sarcasm.

And "son of a gun" is a figure of speech, Larry Literal.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby klvrdude » Mon May 02, 2005 7:38 pm

Conner wrote:
klvrdude wrote:
Conner wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

It wasn't really a complimnt. It was sarcasm.

And "son of a gun" is a figure of speech, Larry Literal.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was really confused as to why he thought my father was an inanimate object. I think I would of missed dinner just thinking about it. If you wouldn't mind going back to my other posts and helping me find other's, I believe you called it, sarcasm I'd appreciate it.

Thanks ;-D
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bselig » Mon May 02, 2005 7:45 pm

He just doesn't want to cut his mullet...no way Steinbrenner would let that filthy thing on the field in pinstripes (i hope)
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:02 pm

I have come to the conclusion that most of the things that bother me about the Yankees (except the fur averse management...) are also present on the Bosox and, while I grew up being fond of Jim Rice, Dwight Evans et al...I've kind of lost interest. Maybe it was Nomar? I dunno.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:02 pm

klvrdude wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:The point is, Damon would not be the only prominent Red Sock to go to the Yankees.

But if your theory is that prominent Red Sox leave Boston for NY to win a WS, what incentive is it for Damon to wear the pin stripes?

The Pettitte/Clemens thing was just an example of how top FA just don't go to NY, but they sometimes leave.

There is no real loyalty in baseball anymore!

It's not about a ring. It's just about going to the Yankees after being a prominent Red Sock. It's about being loved in Red Sox Nation, to being despised by them in the Empire.

I'm not saying top FA all go to New York. Obviously some leave. That has nothing to do with anything. The point is, if the Yankees really want someone, they usually get him, or at least get close. I'm not saying there is loyalty, but Damon's statement was "I can't go to the Yankees." Obviously he feels that he is a Red Sock, but we'll see how long that lasts once the Yankees start throwing money at him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:26 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote: Obviously he feels that he is a Red Sock, but we'll see how long that lasts once the Yankees start throwing money at him.

That's for DAMN sure!! ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers