Willy Taveras No More? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Willy Taveras No More?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Willy Taveras No More?

Postby Darkie Satchels » Mon May 02, 2005 4:08 pm

Do you think Willy Taveras will still have a job once the regular CF returns? Considering he garnered the Leadoff spot while scrapping for it in preseason and the past month, it would seem a waste. 8 stolen bases and hitting just under .300 ain’t bad. His RBI totals should rise now if he stays in the leadoff for awhile.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Willy Taveras No More?

Postby tomkatt » Mon May 02, 2005 4:11 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:Do you think Willy Taveras will still have a job once the regular CF returns? Considering he garnered the Leadoff spot while scrapping for it in preseason and the past month, it would seem a waste. 8 stolen bases and hitting just under .300 ain’t bad. His RBI totals should rise now if he stays in the leadoff for awhile.

Who's their "regular" CF? Thought Berkman played right.
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Willy Taveras No More?

Postby Darkie Satchels » Mon May 02, 2005 5:38 pm

tomkatt wrote:
Darkie Satchels wrote:Do you think Willy Taveras will still have a job once the regular CF returns? Considering he garnered the Leadoff spot while scrapping for it in preseason and the past month, it would seem a waste. 8 stolen bases and hitting just under .300 ain’t bad. His RBI totals should rise now if he stays in the leadoff for awhile.

Who's their "regular" CF? Thought Berkman played right.

See, this is what I'm confused about. I was told that once Berkman returned, the whole look of the team would get a facial with Biggio, Palermo, Taveras, Lane, and Berkman causing some clusterage (is that a word?). Regardless, I want to pick him back up off the wire, but unsure of his situation b/c of said reasoning...
Last edited by Darkie Satchels on Mon May 02, 2005 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brock middlebrook » Mon May 02, 2005 5:47 pm

I would imaginr the OF would be Lane Taveras Berkman
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jimmyrad » Mon May 02, 2005 5:56 pm

brock middlebrook wrote:I would imaginr the OF would be Lane Taveras Berkman

That is the talk in Houston. Berkman will be taking days off more than usual, which will cause panic, undoubtedly, when a new lineup is thrown out there.

But I think it's a VERY safe bet to assume Tavares will get 90% of the centerfield starts. By all means, pick him up if you need SB and have a viable option to drop.
jimmyrad
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Dice » Mon May 02, 2005 6:16 pm

Darkie Satchels gets a gold star for innovative vocabulary.

"Clusterage" was a pretty good word invention, but the use of "garnered" for a Houston managerial decision was great. ;-D
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby accohen » Mon May 02, 2005 6:23 pm

I second that opinion. Living in Houston, and listening to Purpura and Garner talk, it seems there is no way they plan on moving Tavares from CF. He should get 90-95 % of the starts.....they just believe that regardless of what he gives them on offense, that his defense in that park is too much to give up. That being said, having watch him play, he may be the absolute fastest player in the majors today, and WILL steal 30-40 if stays healthy. I have no doubt.
accohen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers