Tigers fans...word on Guillen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tigers fans...word on Guillen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tigers fans...word on Guillen

Postby Steve Eckstut » Mon May 02, 2005 2:28 pm

May 2 The Detroit Free Press' Gene Guidi reports Detroit Tigers SS Carlos Guillen (hamstring) isn't sure he will be ready to play Monday, May 2 when the Tigers take on the Boston Red Sox. "We're going to have to keep an eye on him for a while until we're sure he's all the way back," Tigers MAN Alan Trammell said. "To be honest, I think you've got to give him credit for being this far along."

That's from KFFL via Yahoo. First Castillo, now this. I'm behind in GP at these positions already :~(
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve Eckstut » Mon May 02, 2005 3:29 pm

Does this mean the myth is true? There are no Tigers fans?
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tomkatt » Mon May 02, 2005 4:08 pm

Steve Eckstut wrote:Does this mean the myth is true? There are no Tigers fans?

Ha ha ha ha ha. ;-)
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Mon May 02, 2005 6:15 pm

Did Guillen tear is ACL last year? Cuz when they perform surgery on the ACL they will usually remove a part of the hamstring to insert as a replacement ligament. The player than also has to rehab their hamstring as a result. Could be something worth keeping an eye on.....

(providing he did have ACL surgery and Im not dreaming it up) :*)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Steve Eckstut » Mon May 02, 2005 7:18 pm

RynMan wrote:Did Guillen tear is ACL last year? Cuz when they perform surgery on the ACL they will usually remove a part of the hamstring to insert as a replacement ligament. The player than also has to rehab their hamstring as a result. Could be something worth keeping an eye on.....

Yeah he did at the very end of last season (September IIRC). He's in the lineup tonight though ;-D
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Mon May 02, 2005 7:53 pm

RynMan wrote:Did Guillen tear is ACL last year? Cuz when they perform surgery on the ACL they will usually remove a part of the hamstring to insert as a replacement ligament. The player than also has to rehab their hamstring as a result. Could be something worth keeping an eye on.....

They don't remove part of the hamstring. They remove part of the patella tendon.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon May 02, 2005 7:59 pm

josebach wrote:

They don't remove part of the hamstring. They remove part of the patella tendon.

They do both.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Mon May 02, 2005 8:04 pm

RynMan wrote:
josebach wrote:

They do both.

I hope you're trying to be funny.

I've had three knee surgeries on my right knee inluding ACL reconstruction and they do not touch your hamstring.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon May 02, 2005 8:11 pm

josebach wrote:
RynMan wrote:
josebach wrote:

They do both.

I've had three knee surgeries on my right knee inluding ACL reconstruction and they do not touch your hamstring.

They didnt touch your hamstring.

I did a google search for you:

Repairing the ACL Tear
Surgery to repair a torn ACL is performed as an out-patient procedure. The athlete will report to the facility in the morning and be home before the end of the business day. The treating physician will use an arthroscope to assist in repairing the torn ligament.

The surgeon begins by viewing the torn ligament as a final diagnostic evaluation. Also, the surgeon will inspect the knee for other possible damage. The remains of the ligament are then removed with an arthroscopic shaver. Other damage will be addressed as the procedure continues.

The replacement tissue for the torn ligament can be harvested from the hamstring muscle tendons on the medial (inside) of the knee or from the patellar tendon at the front of the knee. Once the tendon is harvested, it is prepared for the replacement.

I think they use the semi-tendinosus tendon, which is the one that inserts into the fibula. You can feel it on the back, outside part of your knee.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

RynMan wrote:
josebach wrote:
RynMan wrote:
josebach wrote:

They do both.

They didnt touch your hamstring.

I did a google search for you:

Repairing the ACL Tear
Surgery to repair a torn ACL is performed as an out-patient procedure. The athlete will report to the facility in the morning and be home before the end of the business day. The treating physician will use an arthroscope to assist in repairing the torn ligament.

The surgeon begins by viewing the torn ligament as a final diagnostic evaluation. Also, the surgeon will inspect the knee for other possible damage. The remains of the ligament are then removed with an arthroscopic shaver. Other damage will be addressed as the procedure continues.

The replacement tissue for the torn ligament can be harvested from the hamstring muscle tendons on the medial (inside) of the knee or from the patellar tendon at the front of the knee. Once the tendon is harvested, it is prepared for the replacement.

I think they use the semi-tendinosus tendon, which is the one that inserts into the fibula. You can feel it on the back, outside part of your knee.

Learn something new everyday. The only option I had in 1995 was the patellar tendon graft. Then again, I was in the hospital for three days and now it's out-patient. Technology is something else.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers