Brazoban's future ...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brazoban's future ...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 6:33 pm

Yoda wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I added to my past post, so you may want to re-quote me so people know what you were quoting. They may get confused. Just trynig to help you out.

For the record I did win my April Only League. I had Brian Roberts and Harden the 2 steals of the draft. I rode them to the title. Next up is the May only league. I think Abreu and ARAM will heat up and lead me to this next title.

I cant wait.


So instead of posting a well thought out reason as to why you think Gagne did steroids, you resort to personal attacks and name calling? Just goes to show how much you actullay have to contribute to the message boards.


Show me where I said he did ROIDS? I didn't so you may want to think before you accuse people. You are digging yourself into a hole. I think he is clean.

I just think you began attacking a person for believe something. I think he had reasonable cause to think he may be doing ROIDS, I just don't respect how you went about your argument.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon May 02, 2005 6:34 pm

Aren't most RPs just SPs that didn't pan out, or couldnt pitch long enough? Seems like there are lots of converted starters that become great relievers.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Tokugawa » Mon May 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Jimmyrad made a number of good points and I tend to agree. Until the players step up and approve a more sensible drug policy than the one in place ,then the assumption of innocent until proven guilty is really not applicable. It is only natural, due to the resistance of players to the current drug policy, that players have something to hide. Therefore Slow Pitch is more than justified in questioning whether Gagne, due to his strange injury situation and vastly improved stats, was in fact using steroids. Fans will continue to quesiton the credibility of players until the players take a greater responsibility in leading the way on the drug issue. So in this case Yoda, I think skepticism and questions are justified. I would like to believe that the majority of players are not on steroids and that statistical anomalies are explained by hard work. If hard work is the reason for Brian Roberts and Gagne's breakouts then the burden should be on them and other such individuals to campaign amongst their fellow baseball playing colleagues to approve a more sincere drug policy in order to win back the belief of the fans!!!
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 168
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I added to my past post, so you may want to re-quote me so people know what you were quoting. They may get confused. Just trynig to help you out.

For the record I did win my April Only League. I had Brian Roberts and Harden the 2 steals of the draft. I rode them to the title. Next up is the May only league. I think Abreu and ARAM will heat up and lead me to this next title.

I cant wait.


So instead of posting a well thought out reason as to why you think Gagne did steroids, you resort to personal attacks and name calling? Just goes to show how much you actullay have to contribute to the message boards.


Show me where I said he did ROIDS? I didn't so you may want to think before you accuse people. You are digging yourself into a hole. I think he is clean.

I just think you began attacking a person for believe something. I think he had reasonable cause to think he may be doing ROIDS, I just don't respect how you went about your argument.


So I'm really confused now. You brought up my prediction of VMart ,who obviously has followed his pattern of starting off slow in April, in an attempt to dispute my argument against the poster who all but convicted Gagne, of all people, for doing steroids?

If you're going to attempt to flame me, you need to do a much better job b/c clearly you are not good at it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 6:43 pm

Well my point wasn't to flame you. I was pointing out your flaws after you attacked someones argument, which I felt had just as much cause as any arguement. I think you began to flame yourself but, if I did maybe I am not good at it. Just like you aren't good at reading. If you read this thread I expained why I mentioned VMART already. You may want to go back and read it again.

You got personal with SlowPitch so I brought up one of your VMART posts to show that you have no room to attack him personally.

BTW, where does this "April Pattern" for VMART come from? I'm pretty sure last year was his only April in the big leagues and if not he had almost no ABs before last year to use it as a sample.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby davidmarver » Mon May 02, 2005 6:43 pm

Yoda wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:BTW did you win your APril Only League? Did you?


I don't know if he did, but I know you didn't with Victor Martinez as one of your high round picks now did you?


No I finished second in April. And I spent a 7th round pick on Vmart. Thanks for asking though. Maybe you should get all your info before posting but I know that is not your strong suit.


Sorry I didn't log into your yahoo account and check where your team is before I posted. Really, really sorry. Lol.

Dude, give it a rest and quit enticing others to want to rip on you. If you can't make your point without attacking another person's character, then don't post.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:45 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Jimmyrad made a number of good points and I tend to agree. Until the players step up and approve a more sensible drug policy than the one in place ,then the assumption of innocent until proven guilty is really not applicable. It is only natural, due to the resistance of players to the current drug policy, that players have something to hide. Therefore Slow Pitch is more than justified in questioning whether Gagne, due to his strange injury situation and vastly improved stats, was in fact using steroids. Fans will continue to quesiton the credibility of players until the players take a greater responsibility in leading the way on the drug issue. So in this case Yoda, I think skepticism and questions are justified. I would like to believe that the majority of players are not on steroids and that statistical anomalies are explained by hard work. If hard work is the reason for Brian Roberts and Gagne's breakouts then the burden should be on them and other such individuals to campaign amongst their fellow baseball playing colleagues to approve a more sincere drug policy in order to win back the belief of the fans!!!


I didn't realize that in America, now everyone is guilty until proven innocent. When did this happen?

I agree that there will be a lot of players who test positive. But we shouldn't sit here and question or analyze every single person who went from mediocre to great. Looking at the players who tested positive, I'm predicting that there will be a lot more marginal ball players than big time players who used steroids.

We don't know whether Gagne did roids or not. However, the reasons why the poster thought that he used them are absolutely ridiculous. Fat face? 7% weight gain? Throwing harder? Give me a break.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby davidmarver » Mon May 02, 2005 6:47 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that Gagne was/is a product of roids...it just fits together all to well if you go back through his history. I am not saying he isnt hurt, but that he would be on the DL even if he wasnt to avoid testing. No way he or the Dodgers want him exposed.

:-t


While I may hold the same belief he's a roid-head, remember a lot of closers come out of nowhere.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 6:47 pm

Yoda wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:Jimmyrad made a number of good points and I tend to agree. Until the players step up and approve a more sensible drug policy than the one in place ,then the assumption of innocent until proven guilty is really not applicable. It is only natural, due to the resistance of players to the current drug policy, that players have something to hide. Therefore Slow Pitch is more than justified in questioning whether Gagne, due to his strange injury situation and vastly improved stats, was in fact using steroids. Fans will continue to quesiton the credibility of players until the players take a greater responsibility in leading the way on the drug issue. So in this case Yoda, I think skepticism and questions are justified. I would like to believe that the majority of players are not on steroids and that statistical anomalies are explained by hard work. If hard work is the reason for Brian Roberts and Gagne's breakouts then the burden should be on them and other such individuals to campaign amongst their fellow baseball playing colleagues to approve a more sincere drug policy in order to win back the belief of the fans!!!


I didn't realize that in America, now everyone is guilty until proven innocent. When did this happen?


Let me introduce you to a little thing called America. This is the place where if you refuse to take a breathalizer test you are presumed to be guilty of drunk driving.

You may want to quit while your ahead.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:
You got personal with SlowPitch so I brought up one of your VMART posts to show that you have no room to attack him personally.


8-o
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Imeldapync, Izenhart and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact