Brazoban's future ...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brazoban's future ...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 5:48 pm

Did we have proof of Giambi doing it before this year? No. People assumed it without physical evidence, but were they wrong? No. Have people assumed things before to be proven wrong. Yes.

Yoda, you are using an arguement that doesn't argue the point, but you attack the way its presented which isn't right. You can play the "do you have proof" card all you want, but it doesn't mean you are right. It doesn't mean you are wrong, but it doesn't make you right.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:05 pm

Phatferd wrote:Did we have proof of Giambi doing it before this year? No. People assumed it without physical evidence, but were they wrong? No. Have people assumed things before to be proven wrong. Yes.

Yoda, you are using an arguement that doesn't argue the point, but you attack the way its presented which isn't right. You can play the "do you have proof" card all you want, but it doesn't mean you are right. It doesn't mean you are wrong, but it doesn't make you right.


Which point? That Gagne is using roids b/c he throws harder now than ever (which isn't true BTW he's always thrown 97-98 even as a starter), b/c he gained 7% of his body weight or b/c his face is fat?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:14 pm

Phatferd wrote:Yoda how is VMart doing? Yikes, you are one self-righteous individual.


And your point of this post is? Other than to personally attack me, how does your post contribute to this thread? There is no relevance whatsoever. VMart is still trying to find himself. Talk to me at the end of the season. If I recall (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the season is 25 weeks not 4. Unless of course, you play with Phatferd in an April Only League.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 6:22 pm

Yoda wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season till last years.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

BTW can you show me evidence that VMART is trying to find himself? I just don't think thats the case and was wondering if you could provide evidence. I would love to know what he is thinking in his head right now. I am so glad you have the evidence! You may want to hide yoru secrets and sell it to the CIA!

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t


Wow this is one of the most intelligent posts I've read in a looooong time. You should be a doctor or something.


If you look past yourself, you would understand that you were being very sarcastic and pretty much a jackass. You were were kind of going over the edge of what is considered tolerant so I took it up myself (right thing to do or not) to point out some of your "not so intellegent" posts.

BTW, can you show me the evidence that VMART is finding himself still. I don't think he is, but since you have the evidence I would love to be proven wrong. Wait, maybe you shouldn't show me the evidence, since you can tell what he is thinking, you should go to the CIA and sell your secrets! You can make a fortune!
Last edited by Phatferd on Mon May 02, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season till last years.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t


Wow this is one of the most intelligent posts I've read in a looooong time. You should be a doctor or something.


If you look past yourself, you would understand that you were being very sarcastic and pretty much a jackass. You were were kind of going over the edge of what is considered tolerant so I took it up myself (right thing to do or not) to point out some of your "not so intellegent" posts.


Well so now you are the police of the message boards? Who nominated you again?

BTW did you win your APril Only League? Did you?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby davidmarver » Mon May 02, 2005 6:26 pm

Yoda wrote:BTW did you win your APril Only League? Did you?


I don't know if he did, but I know you didn't with Victor Martinez as one of your high round picks now did you?
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 6:27 pm

I added to my past post, so you may want to re-quote me so people know what you were quoting. They may get confused. Just trynig to help you out.

For the record I did win my April Only League. I had Brian Roberts and Harden the 2 steals of the draft. I rode them to the title. Next up is the May only league. I think Abreu and ARAM will heat up and lead me to this next title.

I cant wait.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:28 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:BTW did you win your APril Only League? Did you?


I don't know if he did, but I know you didn't with Victor Martinez as one of your high round picks now did you?


No I finished second in April. And I spent a 7th round pick on Vmart. Thanks for asking though. Maybe you should get all your info before posting but I know that is not your strong suit.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 6:30 pm

Phatferd wrote:I added to my past post, so you may want to re-quote me so people know what you were quoting. They may get confused. Just trynig to help you out.

For the record I did win my April Only League. I had Brian Roberts and Harden the 2 steals of the draft. I rode them to the title. Next up is the May only league. I think Abreu and ARAM will heat up and lead me to this next title.

I cant wait.


So instead of posting a well thought out reason as to why you think Gagne did steroids, you resort to personal attacks and name calling? Just goes to show how much you actullay have to contribute to the message boards.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby davidmarver » Mon May 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:BTW did you win your APril Only League? Did you?


I don't know if he did, but I know you didn't with Victor Martinez as one of your high round picks now did you?


No I finished second in April. And I spent a 7th round pick on Vmart. Thanks for asking though. Maybe you should get all your info before posting but I know that is not your strong suit.


Jeez dude, I was joking around. Get a grip.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, scarnicease and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact