Brazoban's future ...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brazoban's future ...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:
Yoda wrote:What makes you believe that Gagne was doing roids? Do you have any evidence other than your 'gut' feeling?


Yea I injected him. 8-o Of course I dont have any proof. It is just my opinion.


OK, that was a snotty response to a serious question.

What makes you think that he did roids? Surely there is a reason why you formed this opinion.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Slow Pitch » Mon May 02, 2005 3:48 pm

Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season picture till last years version.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t
Last edited by Slow Pitch on Mon May 02, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2395
Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Mon May 02, 2005 3:51 pm

How does steroids help Gagne throw a nasty 70 MPH curveball or a knee-buckling 85 MPH change up?
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 4:08 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season till last years.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t


Wow this is one of the most intelligent posts I've read in a looooong time. You should be a doctor or something.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 02, 2005 4:14 pm

Yoda how is VMart doing? Yikes, you are one self-righteous individual.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Slow Pitch » Mon May 02, 2005 4:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season till last years.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t


Wow this is one of the most intelligent posts I've read in a looooong time. You should be a doctor or something.



You dont need to be a jackass. Thanks :-°
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2395
Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jimmyrad » Mon May 02, 2005 4:35 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season picture till last years version.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t

Well, I don't have hard facts, either. I don't have any hard facts on Bret Boone, either, but...

For the record, I agree completely with Slowpitch and for the exact same reasons.

You point to his curve and change up. I point to his looks (steroid look), his meteoric rise to becoming the best closer in baseball (juiced stats), and what seemed like a strange handleing of his spring injury that landed him kind of suddenly on the DL (conspiracy theorists unite.)

I've got nothing against Gagne. Every interview I've heard seems like he's a great guy, but we are in an age of accusation, (and for good reason, I might add.) Gagne is one guy, based on peripherals, that sets off the alarm for people that are making guesses about the past 3 years of steroid users.
jimmyrad
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slow Pitch » Mon May 02, 2005 4:49 pm

jimmyrad wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:Well 1st off he "magically" went from a sub par starter to super closer.

His K's went from 0.85/IP to 1.67/IP.

He put on about 15 lbs from '01-'02. From an official listed '01 playing weight of 220 to 235 from '02 till currently.

Some phyiscal traits of steriod use are obvious as well...look how much wider his face is from a pre '02 season picture till last years version.

For me it is rather obvious. No one thought about how much pitchers would benefit from steriods as the media always focus on all the HRs being hit & the sluggers.

Eric Gagne ='s ROID HEAD! :-t

Well, I don't have hard facts, either. I don't have any hard facts on Bret Boone, either, but...

For the record, I agree completely with Slowpitch and for the exact same reasons.

You point to his curve and change up. I point to his looks (steroid look), his meteoric rise to becoming the best closer in baseball (juiced stats), and what seemed like a strange handleing of his spring injury that landed him kind of suddenly on the DL (conspiracy theorists unite.)

I've got nothing against Gagne. Every interview I've heard seems like he's a great guy, but we are in an age of accusation, (and for good reason, I might add.) Gagne is one guy, based on peripherals, that sets off the alarm for people that are making guesses about the past 3 years of steroid users.



Amen Brother!! :-D

You are dead on about Brett Boone too....

Anyone want to bet if Brady Anderson did roids....no way in hell that man was clean either.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2395
Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 4:58 pm

I heard Brian Roberts was doing roids too! I mean how do you expect 8 HR in April?

ps I also heard he had a third nipple but that could just be a rumor.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby jimmyrad » Mon May 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Yoda wrote:I heard Brian Roberts was doing roids too! I mean how do you expect 8 HR in April?

ps I also heard he had a third nipple but that could just be a rumor.

Yoda, I respect your right to continue to believe in "innocent until proven guilty."

Unfortunately, MLB, the Commissioner of MLB, AND the Players Union have so clearly abused the non-existent drug policy for so many years that baseball fans have been almost forced to adopt stances of guilt or innocence based purely on opinion.

1 year ago, what would your reaction have been if someone had come on the boards and said: "Giambi, McGwire and Bonds were definitely on roids. Look at their bodies. Look at their heads. No way can they hit that many homers without help." There was no factual evidence that EITHER of these guys did anything illegal. So they were innocent. That didn't stop MILLIONs of baseball fans from saying, "Bullshit. These guys are doing something." We had no evidence, no insider news, but the players had traits that made it very easy to form an opinion that something might not be right.

Slowpitch has done what many other fans have done. Looked at Gagne, seen a similar vault in prolific stats, expansive body type, and unspecified injury happenings that fall in line with what made us form our initial opinions on guys like Mark, Barry, and Giambi that turned out to be true.

I don't want Gagne to be on steroids, I like Gagne, but baseball has put itself in the position of having to have fans like me draw up my own opinions that make me THINK that he might be on steroids.

...and per your example of Brian Roberts: Have you not heard people talking about him? You say that flippantly like, "I bet people think Brian Roberts is on Roid's, too! HA!" Jesus, every fantasy owner that DOESN'T own him is saying he's on steroids. Hell, if he goes 40-40, I will, too. For now, though, I'll reserve the right to brush it off as a hot streak that will cool down to a more believable 15-20 jacks. And as you know from reading the boards the past month, we can go on and on and on about whether that is a realistic homer total for Brian Roberts.
jimmyrad
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ray Zorback and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact