Rincon suspended 10 days--'roids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rincon suspended 10 days--'roids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby max01889 » Mon May 02, 2005 9:35 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Isn't Dock Ellis the guy who pitched a no hitter while tripping on LSD? Thats so freakin wild. :-D

It is FAR more manly than SF OF sinking a yacht in Bonds' pond or whatever...I wish his girlfriend had snapped a pic of his face when he found out he was on the mound that day....'coffee .25, LSD $2.00, Curtis Mayfield Superfly single .99, finding out you're due to pitch....PRICELESS' :-D

Hahaha, always a good story no matter how many times I hear it.
Back on topic: I own Rincon and am thinking about dropping him since there are decent MRs available in my league anyways.
max01889
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon May 02, 2005 11:32 pm

Moved up the chain and actually nailed someone that people notice. The biggest name so far, but I still wonder who the first real big name will be. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 pm

:-t this is gonna hurt me in my holds league.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby tmoney » Mon May 02, 2005 11:58 pm

I have noticed that he is being dropped in ESPN leagues. Since this morning, he has dropped from being owned in 96.7% to 84.0% of leagues. I am not sure what I am going to do with him yet. What are owners in non-holds leagues doing with Rincon?
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nikku88 » Tue May 03, 2005 12:15 am

It's really weird that the people who have been caught so far are either skinny, or chubby or normal size, but no people who I ever would have guessed.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 am

slomo007 wrote:
Conner wrote:
rich101682 wrote:Wait wait wait...the article I read says they don't say the substance that he tested for. What if it was something else other than steroids? Do we even know?

Dude....That's how it's workd for everyone else that's tested positive, too.

They just don't tell everyone exactly what drug that player used...obviously it's some kind of "performace enhancing drug".

I read from someone on here (TheYanks04, I think) that the reason they do this is because if they flat out say, "Juan Rincon took steroids" then he would be legally liable for using an illegal drug. Therefore they don't announce what he used specifically to protect the player from legal charges. Not quite positive if this is really the reason, but it makes logical sense.

That is exactly why they don't announce the specifics.. although they do it to the Olympic athletes that test positive.. but then again the Olympics also consider tylenol "performance-enhancing" anybody know what drugs MLB does test for? cause its obviously not speed or pot... Heroin maybe? I thought I heard somehwere thats what Hamilton was busted for in addition to oxycontin...
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:51 am

max01889 wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Isn't Dock Ellis the guy who pitched a no hitter while tripping on LSD? Thats so freakin wild. :-D

It is FAR more manly than SF OF sinking a yacht in Bonds' pond or whatever...I wish his girlfriend had snapped a pic of his face when he found out he was on the mound that day....'coffee .25, LSD $2.00, Curtis Mayfield Superfly single .99, finding out you're due to pitch....PRICELESS' :-D

Hahaha, always a good story no matter how many times I hear it.
Back on topic: I own Rincon and am thinking about dropping him since there are decent MRs available in my league anyways.

Is this a holds league? Its only 10 days, which isn't that long, and Rincon is one of the best MR available. I wouldn't drop him. I know I'm not.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 03, 2005 8:03 am

My thoughts exactly...I had a reflexive urge to kick him to the curb but then I figured it's H2H, I can lose a whiff of WHIP and some K for a couple of weeks (on one team I have Santana, CZam and Beckett...so the K and WHIP are usually ok... :-D ). I don't have any burning urges to dash out and grab Robinson Cano or anything like that so I am going to just sit tight for a while...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers