H2H Strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H2H Strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H Strategy

Postby jonessoda1314 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:27 pm

what does everyone feel about trading your SPs for offense and closers in an h2h league, then stocking up on good middle relievers who get a lot of Ks

thos would make it a lock for saves, ERA, Ks, and WHIP almost every week... and would pick up a few wins here and there, and then your offense would be good for the rest , from the upgrades you get trading your SPs
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby intense » Mon May 02, 2005 12:37 pm

I was thinking about this too, but what if your closers get blown up...? that can backfire pretty badly.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jonessoda1314 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:38 pm

thats true, but its the same with starters.... i think closers are a little more reliable, like krod, lidge, nathan... and so forth
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 9er Fan » Mon May 02, 2005 12:56 pm

I don't think it will work. First of all, if you trade your SP and replace them with middle relievers (even ones that get lots of K's) you will definitely not be a lock for SO. In fact, you will probably lose SO more often than not. You will also lose Wins pretty much every week. ERA/WHIP/Saves you will have an advantage in. I think my biggest issue with this strategy is that you are more of a lock to do badly in W/SO than you are to do well in ERA/WHIP.
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby waterproof » Mon May 02, 2005 1:47 pm

The first ten rounds of my draft I took all hitters. Then I moved to closers. Now I have 3 closers, and all my bench positions are mid grade SP (except Penny and Harden I traded for). It's a daily league, so I rotate and have about 10 starts a week. Anyway, I win Ws and Ks everyweek with a very good shot at ERA, Whip and saves. With all the pitching I have playing everyweek, even if a pitcher or two blow up, I still have a shot at winning ERA and Whip.

Where can I read more about H2H strategies?
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers