Interview with Cubs' ex-trainer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interview with Cubs' ex-trainer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interview with Cubs' ex-trainer

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 02, 2005 11:10 am

local FOX news has an interview with the trainer the Cubs fired in the off-season. I won't be home to watch it, but if someone can make a point to have a looksee and update the board that would be great. broadcast starts at 9pm CST, though I'm not sure when that particular segment is on.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Mon May 02, 2005 2:56 pm

bump.

not in the midwest, but curious if he digs up any dirt... so if you watch, do report :)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 02, 2005 4:15 pm

was this on Fox or FoxSportsChicago? I'm in Champaign so we only get FSC, not Fox (well, we get Fox out of Springfield). We had 'turn off the TV week' last week so I am eagerly awaiting my remote tonight!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Mon May 02, 2005 4:28 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:We had 'turn off the TV week' last week so I am eagerly awaiting my remote tonight!!

Wow. What is the name of the prison? How do you have access to the internet? :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 02, 2005 5:08 pm

Yoda wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:We had 'turn off the TV week' last week so I am eagerly awaiting my remote tonight!!

Wow. What is the name of the prison? How do you have access to the internet? :-D

The name of the prison is 'Kindergarten'!!

MrsAcidRock actually said 'well, we can just watch it when she goes to bed, can't we?' but I thought that would be sort of bogus so I just kept 'refreshing' my computer about 50 times as much as usual...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Dmville » Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 pm

Nothing earth-shattering. Assistant Trainer basically said Prior injury was lied about all spring and that it was never an achilles problem and was always an elbow problem. Said Hendry orchestrated that. Basically what a bunch of people have said already.

Also claimed Head Trainer Groeschner(sp?) was unfit and uncertified by the state and caused many players to miss more time than they should have in his opinion. Referring to Hollandsworth and Aram I would guess.

The questions inevitably turned to Sosa and his Boom box and the Mercker/Stone controversy blah, blah blah.

He went on to claim the players all trusted him above Groeschner and then they showed a really cheesy pic of him and Sosa together to prove it I guess???
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:48 pm

Interesting news about Prior. I still don't trust him to stay healthy at all, to be honest. Thanks for the info though. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Cubs dishonest to the public?

I thought it was just a conspiricy theory. Now it's more truth than fiction. Very interesting.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby jaydog2314 » Tue May 03, 2005 2:50 am

he said nothing that wasnt already known or written about after last year...FOX promoted this saying he "had the inside secrets" when in all reality everything he said came out in the local media at the end of last year...a real waste of time if you ask me.
"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
-Homer Simpson
jaydog2314
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers