John Patterson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

John Patterson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby saxeT1979 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:39 pm

I think you are making excuses for last night.
saxeT1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frances The Mute » Mon May 02, 2005 12:52 pm

he looked fairly nasty the other time I saw him on tv. beltrans beltran and cliff floyd is red hot. and that mess of an innning and still didnt get ripped really.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:58 pm

I picked him up before the start and than started him last night and was deffinately not happy with the resluts. he didnt do any real damage, but it could have been a lot worse. I don't think that I am going to start him again. I will keep him on my roster for 1 more start.. If he does well then I will offer him in a trade and if he sucks than I will drop him.. I am not a believer in Patterson and don't feel comfortable using him again.l
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:01 pm

NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:I picked him up before the start and than started him last night and was deffinately not happy with the resluts. he didnt do any real damage, but it could have been a lot worse. I don't think that I am going to start him again. I will keep him on my roster for 1 more start.. If he does well then I will offer him in a trade and if he sucks than I will drop him.. I am not a believer in Patterson and don't feel comfortable using him again.l

Honestly, what was so bad about it? I started him and was fairly pleased.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:10 pm

slomo007 wrote:
NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:I picked him up before the start and than started him last night and was deffinately not happy with the resluts. he didnt do any real damage, but it could have been a lot worse. I don't think that I am going to start him again. I will keep him on my roster for 1 more start.. If he does well then I will offer him in a trade and if he sucks than I will drop him.. I am not a believer in Patterson and don't feel comfortable using him again.l

It wasnt that bad, but could have been a lot worse.. I was so nervous while watching the game that he would blow my ERA.. I was not imppressed by his stuff. There were those 2 innings where it could have been a lot of worse. He didnt get many K's and certaintly didnt help my WHIP. And I also hate picking Up Starters from the FA list and starting them. I got burned by it so may times last year.. Names that stick out: Matt Riley :-P !+) and Wilson Alvarez :-P
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:12 pm

NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

It wasnt that bad, but could have been a lot worse.. I was so nervous while watching the game that he would blow my ERA.. I was not imppressed by his stuff. There were those 2 innings where it could have been a lot of worse. He didnt get many K's and certaintly didnt help my WHIP. And I also hate picking Up Starters from the FA list and starting them. I got burned by it so may times last year.. Names that stick out: Matt Riley :-P !+) and Wilson Alvarez :-P

I know what you mean, but Patterson did alright. He didn't get lit up, and Floyd and Beltran were the only two hitters to cause a problem for him. I obviously have more faith in him than you do, but to each his own...just be careful not to drop him too soon. You could really regret it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:15 pm

slomo007 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I know what you mean, but Patterson did alright. He didn't get lit up, and Floyd and Beltran were the only two hitters to cause a problem for him. I obviously have more faith in him than you do, but to each his own...just be careful not to drop him too soon. You could really regret it.

Well, his next start is at San Francisco so I won't be starting him. I will leave him benched, see how he pitchers and than decide what to do..
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scb175 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:16 pm

slomo007 wrote:

I'm interested in seeing your starting rotation
scb175
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:27 pm

scb175 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I'm interested in seeing your starting rotation

9 team Standard 5X5 roto league.

1. Jason Schmidt
2. Pedro Martinez(aquired him in a trade)
3. Roy Oswalt
4. Mike Mussina
5. Brad Penny
6. Livan Hernandez
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:28 pm

That explains it....9 teams. In a league that small, he'd have a pretty short leash with me as well.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers