Can I hold on to 1st place? (leave link) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can I hold on to 1st place? (leave link)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I hold on to 1st place? (leave link)

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon May 02, 2005 7:33 am

G'morning everyone. I am in a 9-team Roto, and have managed to hang onto first place by a margin of 10-20 points (thanks to a lucky draft of Brian Roberts, no doubt.) Just wondering if you guys see any weaknesses in the future for me. I'm always looking for ways to improve, and an objective eye is something i value.

Where I stand:
Batter Cats: R(8.5) 1b(8) 2b(3.5) 3b(9) HR(5) RBI(6) SB(9) K(1) E(4.5) AVG(8) OPS(8)
Pitcher Cats: W(9) CG(8) SHO(6) SV(4.5) R(9) BB(6) K(8) ERA(9) OPS(9)

C- Inge
1B- Tex
2B- Roberts
3B- Glaus
SS- Guillen
OF- Abreu Crawford Sheffield
Util- Bay, Feliz
Bench- Hillenbrand
SP- Pedro, Peavy, Burnett, Beckett, Odalis, Thomson, Hampton, Bedard
RP- Batista, Baez, Mesa (Benitez DL)

I know I'm weakest in the relief category, but I can't think of who to trade for an improvement. Any suggestions about anything at all would be greatly appreciated.... don't forget to leave a link and I'll repay the favor sometime today.
Last edited by The Mighty Trow on Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

i would

Postby shmity72 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:08 am

i would drop benitez for the best batter i could find personally ...you got a good team ...great team see my post shmity72 and respond to it please...

also you my wish to package a pitcher for abreu i think he will get on fire later in the season...
matchups
shmity72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jungy69 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:49 am

Nice team..Thanks for the post earlier. Only real knock on your team is the relief. Benitez going on the DL must of been a angering experience. You have alot of tools to work with for making a trade try to get gagne or izzy i would imagine there value would be slightly lower now than it will be. So try to work something along those lines or perhaps kolb he is getting it together. If Glaus is healthy he is a top 5 3B but why dont u let someone else assume that risk and perhaps trade for chavez, he has been known for slow starts and the worst has past i think this is the best time to buy before his stock implodes. Sorry for responding so late :-o
Jungy69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sowen246 » Sat May 07, 2005 9:37 am

Looks like a soild team to me.

I aggree that you need to beef up rp. Perhaps you could move Hillenbrand while he's hot for a closer?

What do you think of mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=124534
sowen246
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Harry Caray » Sat May 07, 2005 4:33 pm

Very strong team overall with the obvious exception of RP. SP is unreal so try to deal one of them for RP. Maybe try to move Bedard or if you have to move somebody who is the real deal like Peavy or Pedro for a top closer. Even losing one of them you will still have great SP and your team will be helped.
Harry Caray
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team