doing keeper leagues online - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

doing keeper leagues online

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

doing keeper leagues online

Postby baseball6791 » Sun May 01, 2005 7:33 pm

i currently am using yahoo for my friends and my league, and we want to make it a keeper, but we cant figure out how u do that in yahoo. does any1 who does keepers in yahoo have any ideas? also, do other site hosters such as cbs offer the option of keepers built in?
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DannyMyron89 » Sun May 01, 2005 7:39 pm

idk about other sites but you cant do it with yahoo, but my league is starting it this year...

were keeping a total of 4 people i think anyone drafted after the 5th round, and u ahve to write your keepers out... also anyone you pick up on waivers u can keep...
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Oat Soda » Mon May 02, 2005 1:56 am

Just have your commish print out a copy of everyone's roster at the end of the year, then next spring before your draft or auction, submit your keepers to the commish and let him manually enter the rosters for the season.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:44 am

When my league used Yahoo I kept track of rosters in the off-season using Excel files. I just sent them off to the league in the off-season, and posted the files on a Yahoo groups page.

(Yahoo groups is also a good way to conduct a draft.)

This year my league switched to SportsLine. Except for a couple of exceptions, we are all pretty disappointed and will probably go back to Yahoo next year.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Iconoclastic » Mon May 02, 2005 2:47 am

We had the Commish record the final rosters for every team, and at the start of the new season each team turns in a list of their keepers (we have 10 with 12 for the winner) and in the live Yahoo draft we draft only keepers with our first 10/12 round picks and then draft normally until our rosters are filled. Rinse lather and repeat annually. Or something like that.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Mon May 02, 2005 4:49 am

We use a Yahoo group page for one of my keeper leagues. All the roster info gets posted in there when the season is over and everyone can see it. Makes for fun trading all offseason. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon May 02, 2005 11:44 am

For the off-season, I upload all the league info to a Yahoo Groups page that I set up for the league which is free.
This year we used a Plus league. Plus leagues in Yahoo allow you to pre-select players for live drafts. That was really nice, since I didn't have to worry about someone picking someone else's keepers. So in this way, Yahoo does accomodate keeper leagues, you just can't keep the league on Yahoo's page and have to re-enter settings and keepers each year.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 am

Like Madison, both keepers I'm in on Yahoo use a Yahoo Groups site to keep track of the league. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers