Burgos great appearence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burgos great appearence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Burgos great appearence

Postby bost0n » Sun May 01, 2005 3:45 pm

Burgos looked very good today. Three up, three out, 1 K. Throwing heat as usual.

Got the save, too.

Hopefully more can come from it.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Ny YaNkS 2590 » Sun May 01, 2005 3:46 pm

KC isn't a run supportive team....
Derrick Turnbow is the man !
Ny YaNkS 2590
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bost0n » Sun May 01, 2005 3:47 pm

Bad teams dont mean minimal saves.

I am fine with them scoring minimal runs because then if they are up it will be close, so Burgos has the opportunity.
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 01, 2005 3:48 pm

bost0n wrote:Bad teams dont mean minimal saves.

I am fine with them scoring minimal runs because then if they are up it will be close, so Burgos has the opportunity.

When the team is as bad as the Royals are, he won't get many save opps. I know what you're talking about, but there are exceptions when the team is just terrible....and KC is just terrible.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bost0n » Sun May 01, 2005 3:49 pm

When youre desperate for saves, I'll take it.
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Postby intense » Sun May 01, 2005 5:06 pm

which 2 of these 3 would you guys want... Jones/Hermanson/Burgos...? (I have other closers, but I like hogging all them and using them as sweeteners for trades)
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 01, 2005 6:20 pm

slomo007 wrote:

When the team is as bad as the Royals are, he won't get many save opps. I know what you're talking about, but there are exceptions when the team is just terrible....and KC is just terrible.

It doesn't matter. The worst team in the league will still have 40+ SVOs to show for at the end of the season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 01, 2005 6:21 pm

Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

It doesn't matter. The worst team in the league will still have 40+ SVOs to show for at the end of the season.

The Royals will be lucky to have 40 wins, much less 40 save opps.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ramble2 » Sun May 01, 2005 6:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Yea, if I can get 25 or so saves from a WW pickup, I'm ecstatic. And if that team can only manage to eke out wins, then so much the better for save opps.

For what it's worth, BP had (mostly) positive things to say about him. Burgos struck out 172 in 134 IP! He has some control issues, which can always lead to big problems in the majors. Hopefully he'll be able to perform well and keep the job.

Plus he's named after a Gualish prince from Roman times. That's pretty cool.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 01, 2005 6:30 pm

ramble2 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Yea, if I can get 25 or so saves from a WW pickup, I'm ecstatic. And if that team can only manage to eke out wins, then so much the better for save opps.

For what it's worth, BP had (mostly) positive things to say about him. Burgos struck out 172 in 134 IP! He has some control issues, which can always lead to big problems in the majors. Hopefully he'll be able to perform well and keep the job.

Plus he's named after a Gualish prince from Roman times. That's pretty cool.

But Affeldt is the full time closer though....granted he's not exactly an ironman, but once he's healthy enough to pitch again...Burgos is done. I really don't even know that he's worth rostering in most leagues. Do you really want 2 more saves over the next 2 weeks that badly? Even at the risk of him blowing up on you?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers