Brandon Inge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Brandon Inge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Inge

Postby blackbearabroad » Sun May 01, 2005 2:58 pm

Inge has been one of my little pleasures this past year as my Catcher, but i was wondering about what you guys thought his output would actually be? Looking over his splits he's hit much better whenever he hasn't been catching, but i wasn't able to find any sites showing spilts by position and the all-star break. Most catchers generally produce less well in the 2nd half (due to obvious reasons) and as i only have inge in head to head leauges i think that may help his value at catcher, but i was wondering what you guys thought about him?
He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cmchampa2 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:42 am

Inge has shown as much improvement in the last 3 years as anyone. As a fantasy option, he should be a 2nd tier catcher. I like him because he can contribute across the board because he's got a little speed. As a sleeper, who knows, maybe he's still got some room for even more improvement.

WARNING: He was lost at the plate just two years ago.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby moochman » Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 am

Inge is worth a roster spot simply becuase of he qualifies for C, 3B, & OF in most leagues. He will be a nice fill in for injured or slumping players, expecially if you can make daily roster moves.

I look for him to finish the season hitting: >.270, 15-20 HRs, 65-80 RBI & runs.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat May 07, 2005 2:11 pm

I think he's more than capable of hitting .280+. The fact that he recently has had Strep Throat with a high fever may or may not have contributed to his recent slump. He's a hard worker who has helped make himself into a pretty decent major leaguer. We need him to keep that OBP up and to improve on his defense. And yes, he tends to be far better as a hitter when not catching. In many fantasy leagues, he is probably someone's starting catcher, but you should be able to find someone more fantasy friendly at 3B or OF.

Yahoo's player database will show splits by position played and pre-post all-star break. You just have to click on a players name and then go to splits (for pre-post allstar) or situational stats (for positional) and then click the correct season.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Detroit Tigers