Aramis Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aramis Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:17 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Aramis was just dropped in my league. I asked the manager why and he said "I wouldn't make him my dog's b1tch".

Which I thought was an interesting statement.

Wow, that guy def. won't be winning your league. btw, I would pick him up!
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:31 pm

RawTalent wrote:Though are some freakin high numbers for without injury Aramis. I mean, .330, 45 HRs and 130 RBIs? That's basically calling him Pujols.

Yeah, those are extremely steep projections. He hasn't done it before when healthy so there's really nothing pointing to that it can happen. I can see the RBIs there maybe, the average is a little too high and he probably doesn't have those type of HR numbers in him.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun May 01, 2005 3:23 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
RawTalent wrote:Though are some freakin high numbers for without injury Aramis. I mean, .330, 45 HRs and 130 RBIs? That's basically calling him Pujols.

Yeah, those are extremely steep projections. He hasn't done it before when healthy so there's really nothing pointing to that it can happen. I can see the RBIs there maybe, the average is a little too high and he probably doesn't have those type of HR numbers in him.

Last year in only 547 ABs Aramis had a line of .318 99 36 103
If he was healthy and got around 600 ABs, his line last year would have been about: .318 109 39 113. And that was with a bad groin for a few months.

Before the season I projected him to hit slightly better with a healed groin (obviously didn't happen) as well as improvement elsewhere in the Cubs lineup (Patterson, Lee, Hairston) so he would get more RBI chances. Also he's getting into his peak years so a slight improvement in skills wouldn't surprise anyone.

Hopefully he'll get healthy eventually instead of following Kerry Wood's career path.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sun May 01, 2005 5:07 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:2005
Aramis without injury: .330 120 45 130 2
Aramis with groin injury: .280 90 25 90 1

I'm afraid it's the latter

that needs to be Aramis with groin injury (and WITHOUT SOSA, ALOU AND NOMAR): .280 90 25 90 1

:-D

he was supposed to be a keeper for me this season. but if this keeps up, i might try to trade him down the stretch for something because i got mora off of waivers..........
8-o
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RawTalent » Sun May 01, 2005 11:14 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Last year in only 547 ABs Aramis had a line of .318 99 36 103
If he was healthy and got around 600 ABs, his line last year would have been about: .318 109 39 113. And that was with a bad groin for a few months.

Before the season I projected him to hit slightly better with a healed groin (obviously didn't happen) as well as improvement elsewhere in the Cubs lineup (Patterson, Lee, Hairston) so he would get more RBI chances. Also he's getting into his peak years so a slight improvement in skills wouldn't surprise anyone.

Hopefully he'll get healthy eventually instead of following Kerry Wood's career path.

All I said was that with those projections, you were comparing him to Pujols. Maybe...maybe...you can justify your HR and RBI totals, but a .330 average? Before last year, the guy had never hit above .300. Your projections suggest that you think Aramis is perhaps the best hitter in all of baseball, and yet he's not even the best right-handed hitter with the last name "Ramirez."
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dodger Blue » Sun May 01, 2005 11:22 pm

Last year arpil 6 hr 19 rbi 308 ba this year 4 hr 14 rbi .241 ba one more run scored this year. He isn't that far off yet BA of .280 ish would be nice.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun May 01, 2005 11:22 pm

I have ARam now but it would probably be easy to buy low on Eric Chavez, if anyone thinks that guys worth it.

Who do you see being more valuable from here on out...ARam or Chavy?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Dodger Blue » Sun May 01, 2005 11:34 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I have ARam now but it would probably be easy to buy low on Eric Chavez, if anyone thinks that guys worth it.

Who do you see being more valuable from here on out...ARam or Chavy?

I still think ARam because even Chavez best year with HR was 27 I think with a .280 ish ba.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dmville » Sun May 01, 2005 11:38 pm

Aram is a 150+ gamer. Dusty just been making excuses to get Neifi(a former Bakerer) in there a game or two. Once they get Polanco and Walker back and 70 degree+ weather Aram wil be back all the time w his 11 Mil contract.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Sun May 01, 2005 11:52 pm

I think that A-RAM will be fine. Everyone on my team except for Brian Roberts is sturggling. I have so many studs that are not producing.. These 5 have been really dissapointing these past couple of weeks Matsui, Sheff, A-RAM, Beltran, Chavez. (just got Chavez in a trade and Sheff had a nice day today ;-D )
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers