Justin Verlander - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Justin Verlander

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theclefe » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:39 am

carter wrote:correctomundo ... its funny, Verlander fans had a true stud pitching prospect right under their noses tonight, but most we're probly too busy staring at V's fat 7.00 era ...

how about his opponent? Scott Baker pitched a real nice game, but does anyone notice? um.. who the hell is scott baker?!

A proud owner of this fellow, though that picture doesn't give me much confidence. ;-D
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:04 am

Verlander left his last start with shoulder soreness. Still sounds very precautionary at this point as they took him out of the game at the very first sign of the problem. Here's the best link I could find for now.
http://info.detnews.com/tigersblog/index.cfm
It'll probably be moved down if he (the Tigers' Detroit News writer, Tom Gage) posts any more stories on his site.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:22 am

http://www.freep.com/sports/tigers/tcorn4e_20050804.htm
DOCTOR VISIT: Right-hander Justin Verlander, who left Double-A Erie's game in the fourth inning Tuesday night with tightness in his pitching shoulder, was found to have a minor inflammation in the back of his shoulder caused by fatigue. There was no structural damage.

He was diagnosed after flying to Detroit on Wednesday to be examined by team physician Dr. Kyle Anderson.

Verlander was told to rest for 10-14 days before he resumes throwing.

Verlander, who pitched 105 innings last year in college at Old Dominion, has thrown 130 this season among Class A Lakeland, Erie and two starts with the Tigers. He'll probably total 160-165 innings before the Tigers shut him down.

"Jon Matlack is monitoring Verlander carefully," Tigers pitching coach Bob Cluck said, referring to the club's minor league pitching instructor. "Nothing is going to be left to chance."
Doesn't sound too major, but I don't want to see them push him too far. Fortunately, it sounds like they will take the cautious approach with him for the rest of the season.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bozo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:48 pm

It seems all the young pitching talk around the Tigers nowadays is Verlander and Zumaya, deservedly so I might add. I'm just wondering what's in the future for Wil Ledezma now. He was highly thought of at the start of the year and the coaches even compared him to where Bonderman was at a year or so ago. Bad stint in the majors led to demotion but it doesn't like he's even pitching anymore with limited innings pitched since he got sent down a couple of months ago. Do the Tigers like him for the future or has be buried himself?
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:10 pm

Last I heard about Ledezma was he had a sore elbow. That was about a month ago and still has yet to pitch since it happened. Because of this, any future role with the Tigers is up in the air.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball