I keep making moves, my team keeps sucking.. (deep league) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I keep making moves, my team keeps sucking.. (deep league)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I keep making moves, my team keeps sucking.. (deep league)

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:05 am

I'm in a deep league (19 teams), 7X6 (stats=R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OBP,SLG; W,SV,CG,ERA,WHIP,K/BB). Team was auto-drafted, and outside of my first three picks or so I think I got an awful lot of underachieving players, so I've made a lot of moves the last few weeks to try to improve it. I think my pitching staff is solid now (lot of no-names who are performing well), but my hitting continues to blow. (team is currently 13th/19..) Yesterday I pulled of a trade for I-Rod (giving up Foulke), but as part of the deal was also forced to take on Hidalgo for M. Lawton. My team is really taking on water in categories like R, AVG, and OBP, and SB aren't great either. Guys like Mike Lowell, O. Cabrera, Boone, and Jenkins are all underachieving and killing me. What do you think overall could be done with these guys, if anything, or hold back and wait for some of these guys to start playing better?!?..

Batters
C--I.Rodriguez (new)
1B--Ortiz
2B--B.Boone
3B--Lowell :-P
SS--O.Cabrera
OF--B.Clark, P.Wilson, G.Jenkins
BN--Freel, Hidalgo, Ordonez

Pitchers (daily use 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P)
SP--J.Schmidt, Escobar, Hampton, J.Patterson, Chacin
RP--Takatsu, Tavarez, Affeldt (DL), Qualls, Politte

Thanks everyone! ;-D Just for reference, the top tier guys available on FA at the moment are guys like C.Pena, T.Martinez, Hatteberg; Glavine, Lidle; and T.Harper, Carrara.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:15 am

I have had the same thing happen to me, sit back, and wait till the end of may. If you are still doing bad, THEN, make some big moves. April is when all kind of slumps happen, just ride it out!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team