Speculation on Giants closer.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Speculation on Giants closer..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:43 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Cards
Cubs
Reds
Astros
Brew
Pitt

Well, I think you need to see it another way. I'm an avid Reds fan, but even bad Cub pitching is better than most decent Reds pitching. I mean did you witness what Lee did to them?

That was a poor managerial decision to even pitch to him with first base open and Burnitz on deck with 1 out. Stupidity if you ask me.

And Wagner should have been in as well. Plus, Weathers should be nowhere near a ML squad. The Cubs pitching is overrated, Maddux is average, Zambrano is a head case who is capable of getting lit up at any time if the ump ticks him off....Wood is never healthy and sometimes isn't even good when healthy, and Prior is a legit ace when healthy but you never know with him either. I'm not going to buy in to the hype.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:54 pm

slomo007 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I haven't heard this anywhere....but I think there is little to NO chance of Graves being traded this early. The NL Central is weaker than ever and Cincy actually looks like the 2nd best team at the moment. Why would they punt the season now? I don't think he's traded this year at all, unless injuries strike and the Reds fall out.

say what? Reds the second best team? How about 4th ;-D

I'm sure Neifi Perez will continue hitting like Tejada.

Cards
Reds
Cubs
Astros
Brewers
Pirates

I don't see it any other way right now.

hmmm, even with dusty screwing over the cubs left and right with his bad managing, I still don't see any way the Reds finish ahead of the cubs or astros..........just no way. The Cubs rotation flat out demolishes the Reds rotation and the Cubs hitting is pretty dam good even without Nomar. (derek lee, paterson, aramis ramirez)

The Astros are still a very solid team even though they lost a lot they got back PEttitte who has bene good so far.

I will stick with my preseason predictions
Cardinals
Cubs
Astros
Reds
Brewers
Pirates
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:04 pm

Do you guys realize that Casey, Griffey, and Kearns haven't even started hitting yet and our second best pitcher (Ortiz) is just now healthy? And we're still only 1 game behind the Cubs.

Lee won't keep up this pace, Ramirez has a groin injury which could linger all season...you can pretty much count on either wood/prior/zambrano going down with injury, leaving 2 "aces". You also can probably count on Griffey or Kearns going down with injury, but at least Pena is backing them up. If the Reds don't have a fire sale too early in the season, I think they'll finish higher than the Cubs.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:41 pm

slomo007 wrote:Do you guys realize that Casey, Griffey, and Kearns haven't even started hitting yet and our second best pitcher (Ortiz) is just now healthy? And we're still only 1 game behind the Cubs.

Lee won't keep up this pace, Ramirez has a groin injury which could linger all season...you can pretty much count on either wood/prior/zambrano going down with injury, leaving 2 "aces". You also can probably count on Griffey or Kearns going down with injury, but at least Pena is backing them up. If the Reds don't have a fire sale too early in the season, I think they'll finish higher than the Cubs.

I think you said it ALL right there

"our second best pitcher Ortiz"

as in ramon ortiz, nothing more needs to be said lol :-D

there is no way the reds finish ahead of the cubs. come on slomo, your blinded by the love for your reds. It is like me saying zito is gonna win 20 games.

it just won't happen
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:47 pm

GSes wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Do you guys realize that Casey, Griffey, and Kearns haven't even started hitting yet and our second best pitcher (Ortiz) is just now healthy? And we're still only 1 game behind the Cubs.

I think you said it ALL right there

"our second best pitcher Ortiz"

as in ramon ortiz, nothing more needs to be said lol :-D

there is no way the reds finish ahead of the cubs. come on slomo, your blinded by the love for your reds. It is like me saying zito is gonna win 20 games.

it just won't happen

Haha, good point about the Zito comparison. Still though, I have faith in them (either that, or I don't have faith in Dusty). We shall see....
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Green Monstah » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

well, heh, going back to the Graves situation....I don't see any trades involving him till it gets around the trading deadline. I hope it does happen though, because I have Ryan Wagner on my team to give me some K's and for his ERA/WHIP...would be nice to throw some saves in there as well ;-7
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby baseballnewb » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:04 pm

I wouldn't go that far. If Prior and Wood both go down again and Maddux continues to decline thats not a spectacular pitching staff and their offense while decent isn't amazing or anything.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers