Heads up on Chris Reitsma (MR for Atlanta) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heads up on Chris Reitsma (MR for Atlanta)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Heads up on Chris Reitsma (MR for Atlanta)

Postby SChippie » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:44 pm

This is from CBS:

Chris Reitsma, RP ATL

News: Reliever Chris Reitsma has allowed just one run in just over 10 innings of work for the Braves so far this season and has emerged as Atlanta's primary set-up man. With closer Danny Kolb faltering, Reitsma could see himself in a few save situations in the near future.

Analysis: If Reitsma is available in your league, you might want to consider him. He could potentially be Atlanta's full-time closer should Kolb's struggles continue.
SChippie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Heads up on Chris Reitsma (MR for Atlanta)

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:51 pm

SChippie wrote:This is from CBS:

Chris Reitsma, RP ATL

News: Reliever Chris Reitsma has allowed just one run in just over 10 innings of work for the Braves so far this season and has emerged as Atlanta's primary set-up man. With closer Danny Kolb faltering, Reitsma could see himself in a few save situations in the near future.

Analysis: If Reitsma is available in your league, you might want to consider him. He could potentially be Atlanta's full-time closer should Kolb's struggles continue.

I seriously doubt it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AngelFan416 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Yeah, I don't really see it. I can't see Kolb in a set-up role, no matter how badly he's pitching this year.
AngelFan416
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Heads up on Chris Reitsma (MR for Atlanta)

Postby Jobu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:55 pm

SChippie wrote:This is from CBS:

Chris Reitsma, RP ATL

CBS, the same analysts who suggest that "[insert superstar] is a decent starter in most fantasy formats."

CBS = retards.
Jobu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zhutou » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:55 pm

atl gave up too much to get kolb. they're not going to just give away the closer role that easily.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fiz » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:57 pm

zhutou wrote:atl gave up too much to get kolb. they're not going to just give away the closer role that easily.

while that may be true, it's the worst logic a team can use. in fantasy, that pretty much guarantees a team to lose - you have to be able to change, if your 3rd round pick is scrubbing it up, bench him until he heats up...being stubborn doesn't get you anywhere...

they pulled kolb with 2 outs in the 9th last game, which was probably the right move, why not give someone else a shot, at least until kolb gets back on track?...
Last edited by fiz on Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:01 pm

AngelFan416 wrote:Yeah, I don't really see it. I can't see Kolb in a set-up role, no matter how badly he's pitching this year.

on the contrary, I don't see Kolb holding onto his closer job for too much longer. Danny Kolb is a guy I went after in every league last year and a guy I avoided like the plague this year. Up until his breakout 2003 and 2004, Danny Kolb was never any good. He never showed any promise throughout his career to ever be an effective major league closer and abobe all else, he strikes out NO one.

To say you can't see him in a set-up role is wrong imo, There is no way the Braves keep Kolb as their closer for much longer, the Brewers pulled the old fantasy baseball trick in my mind.

SELL HIGH

Whilt Kolb is not this bad, he is not as good as his stats the last 2 years show imo. I expect his ERA to be in the mid to upper 4's and I think he will be yanked from the 9th inning job very soon. With all that said, Resithma dosen't exactly impress me either and I'm not even sure he can be that much better then Kolb throughout the whole year. My guess is Resithma gets a shot at closing and does just decent and the Braves trade for a closer at the deadline.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zhutou » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:01 pm

kolb is an established closer, unlike adams or macdougal. he will NOT lose his job, period.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:02 pm

zhutou wrote:kolb is an established closer, unlike adams or macdougal. he will NOT lose his job, period.

I would hardly call Kolb an established closer.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jobu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:02 pm

zhutou wrote:kolb is an established closer, unlike adams or macdougal. he will NOT lose his job, period.

Agreed.

And in response to an earlier post, who is Resithma?
Jobu
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers