Another Wrestler Dies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Wrestler Dies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 04, 2005 4:22 pm

Chris Candido never really hit it big in the mainstream but did very well with ECW during it's prime.

Wow!! Sunny has sure let herself go. Maybe she is off the coke so she ballooned up. I remember a couple years ago she had a website with Missy Hyatt with pictures of them both nude. I think it was called Wrestling Vixxxens.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed May 04, 2005 9:12 pm

Wow, its depressing what happens to these guys. We were discussing it on the football cafe as well, many of the icons of the 80s(even the 90's now), have been dying at a young age or fallen into drugproblems- or weight in sunny's case(omg by the way). Big Bossman died too?? :-/
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Sun May 08, 2005 12:18 pm

Chris actually grew up a few minutes from my house. RIP. :,-(
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: Another Wrestler Dies

Postby Pacman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Man, ANOTHER former WWE wrestler is dead. :-/

Crush, also known as Brian Adams found dead at age 43.

Here's a link.

BRIAN ADAMS, a major wrestling star of the 1990s and former WWE tag team champion, has been found dead at the age of 43.

Best known as Crush, he had a number of stints in the WWE, most recently in 2001.

He becomes the 108th wrestler to die before reaching the age of 50 in a decade.

Tampa police told FOX News that Adams' wife found him unconscious in bed and called 911.

He was pronounced dead in the home when medics could not revive him. An autopsy is scheduled to take place during the next 24 hours.

Brian debuted in the WWE as part of the hugely popular Demolition team, joining tag title holders Ax and Smash.

He later became a solo wrestler. Although never fulfilling his potential, Crush had a few major matches including one against long-time pal Macho Man Randy Savage at WrestleMania X.

After a falling out with boss Vince McMahon, Brian went to rival group WCW in 1998 where he captured their tag titles as part of Kronik.

After failing to impress in a brief feud with Undertaker and Kane back in the WWE in 2001, Brian left the major stage.

He retired from the ring completely in 2003 due to injury.

The cause of his death is currently unknown.

Reporting the death on their website, the WWE said: "Whether he was beloved or jeered, Adams made a lasting impact on WWE and he will be missed by Superstars and our fans."

Pal Ron Simmons added: "I'm still in a state of shock right now.

"He and I go way back and have worked together for years. He was a very good friend of mine.

"I still don't want to believe it. I'm just saddened by it and I just want to wish his family well.

"I am just very, very upset about this because it hits close to home."

Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:47 pm

I'm not sure if I'm more shocked at the death or that picture of Sunny.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:14 am

Pacman wrote:Man, ANOTHER former WWE wrestler is dead. :-/

Crush, also known as Brian Adams found dead at age 43.

Here's a link.

Yeah, I remember Crush most for his feud with Macho Man. Like Sid Vicious back in the early 90's, he was a typical cheesy babyface for the time, but tried too hard to get over as a convincing heel.

Seeing how this thread was dedicated to Chris Candido once, Candido was better spotlighted in ECW and was even part of a major ECW stable with Shane Douglas and even paired up with Lance Storm (before he and Justin Credible formed the Impact Players).

As for Tammy Lynn Sytch (Sunny), she has a reputation in the Indie wrestling world for being a headcase. Unfortunately, she really let herself go and looks nothing like she was part of the Body Donnas (and man, was she stunning back in those days :-°).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 am

During a recent channel surf I paused on a WWE broadcast when I saw...freaking Big Jim Duggin?!?! They dug him up?

His board was much bigger than before. So was he. I guess he needed to keep up with the Joneses. :-/
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:During a recent channel surf I paused on a WWE broadcast when I saw...freaking Big Jim Duggin?!?! They dug him up?

His board was much bigger than before. So was he. I guess he needed to keep up with the Joneses. :-/

Yeah, Hacksaw makes an appearance here and there :-S . As to being big, that ain't muscle you saw, so if you're implying he's doing roids, they obviously are not working. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:52 pm

Madison wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:During a recent channel surf I paused on a WWE broadcast when I saw...freaking Big Jim Duggin?!?! They dug him up?

Yeah, Hacksaw makes an appearance here and there :-S . As to being big, that ain't muscle you saw, so if you're implying he's doing roids, they obviously are not working. :*)

:-b

I can't wait for The Berzerker's comeback. Huss, huss, huss!!! :-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Tavish » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:28 am

Maybe someone can debunk this but I've read that the WWE and most other major Pro-Wrestling companies don't offer health insurance to their wrestlers.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk