Yahoo waiver question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo waiver question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo waiver question

Postby swyck » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:52 am

Say there are two players available on waivers, but I have only one roster player I want to drop. I want either of the two players but can't fit both.

I know that I can claim both waived players using just one roster player to drop. This creates two separate transactions but for just one roster spot. I have them as priority one and priority two. I've never actually run this scenario all the way through. Will this work, or will both waiver claims fail because the roster player is being used in a pending transaction?

What I want to happen is: if the first waiver goes through, then the second will fail since the roster player has already been dropped. Thats fine as I'll still get the first player while dropping the one roster player. If the first waiver doesnt clear then I should get a shot at the second waiver.

It would be nice if this works this way. I'm in this situation. I have a decent waiver chance to get one of two guys, and I expect that others may be putting in claims on both players. I dont want to experiment and risk not getting either. I'd rather know what the scoop is first. Does anyone know? :-?
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nooner » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:01 am

Yahoo will try to process waiver priority 1 first and if it works, then priority 2 won't work because the player you are trying to drop has already been dropped. If priority 1 doesn't work, then it will process priority 2.

I have done this before with success.
Nooner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo waiver question

Postby swarmee » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:02 am

I know that I can claim both waived players using just one roster player to drop. This creates two separate transactions but for just one roster spot. I have them as priority one and priority two. I've never actually run this scenario all the way through. Will this work, or will both waiver claims fail because the roster player is being used in a pending transaction?

Well, if you get the first guy, the second transaction fails because the guy you planned on dropping is already gone. But if the first transaction fails because someone with a higher waiver priority takes the first guy, then it will check and see if the second priority is still available for you and take him if he is.
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:26 pm

You have it correct. Say for example Carlos Lee and Greg Maddux were both dropped in the same day. You want Lee first and Maddux if you can't get Lee and you want to cut Hidalgo to get whichever of them you can.

You submit a waiver request for Lee with Hidalgo as the cut.

Then you submit a waiver request for Maddux with Hidalgo as the cut.

If you land Lee, the second transaction will be cancelled.

If you miss Lee, that transaction will be cancelled, and you'll have a shot at Maddux.

If both go before your waiver comes up, then both transactions are cancelled.

You've got it right. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers