My Minor Leaguers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My Minor Leaguers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Minor Leaguers

Postby The Punisher » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:33 pm

Ok the league is 12 team keeper league and we just drafted this season. Anyway we get to keep all of our minor leaguers as long as they stay in the minors and each team has 4 minor leaguers. So here they are, I didn't get a first round pick in it because I traded away my first round pick for a higher major league draft pick.

Daric Barton
Jeremy Hermedia
Yusmeiro Petit
Carlos Quentin

So does anyone have any of the latest info on any of them and how do you guys like some of them? hybrid? I know your a pretty good guy around here for minor leaguers
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:26 pm

I think you have a nice set of minor leaguers, especially considering you had no 1st round pick.

I like Hermida, and while his average is a little low (.254) and he's got a few more Ks than I'd like (18 in 67 AB), he has a good eye (15 BB) and he's starting to show the power predicted with 7 HR so far.

I really like Quentin - and he's doing very well at AAA (.356-3-13 with a 16/9 BB/K in 59 AB), but the only issue with him is playing time - he's effectively trapped right now. That situation will resolve itself. However, he's likely to get some PT in the majors this year, especially if Green or Gonzalez gets injured, so you may have a decision to make.

Petit is a nice player as well - and is doing well in AA (2.93 ERA, 17/2 K/BB in 15.1 IP). Doesn't have great "stuff", but apparently has great deception making it tough to pick the ball up.

I'm not as high on Barton personally, but he's a VERY good hitting prospect - but now that he's at 1B and not C, he slipped a little on my pre-season lists. That said, he can evidently rake - and he's started of 2005 decently (.264-2-12 with 11/10 BB/K in 72 AB). He's in high-A.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby The Punisher » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Thanks dawgpound
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:21 pm

Trade Petit to a Mets fan... he sucks :-D

Quentin's a very nice prospect, as is Barton. Barton unfortunately is still in High A ball, meaning he'll probably make the jump to AA next year, and then maybe a September call-up at best next year.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Sun May 01, 2005 12:33 pm

So Punisher, a moneyball fan? :-?

Just curious as you have basically the 3 most polished bays that are all high end prospects. Their all basically guys who shouldn't have a problem getting to the majors. Dawgpound already listed their stats, so I'll just add some opinion to what I think of them.

Hermida - Should be a .300 hitter in the bigs and prolly be a 20-20 player on the Marlins. He might have potential for more HR's, but since he will be in a pitcher's park I doubt he will hit a lot.

Quentin - He is basically ready for the bigs right now. He is your typical RF power hitter that shold hit for goood avg (.300). Arizona's ball park should help him out as a hitter, but the guy has 30 HR power in probably any ball park.

Barton - A moneyball player that made it to a money ball team. Like all your hitters, he is very good at it and should hit for a high end avg. To bad he didn't stay at C, but I heard his defense was pretty bad.

Petit - So far he is holding his own pretty well against older more experienced competition. He might not ever truely be a #1 ace type pitcher, but I'm sure he is convincing a lot that you don't need great stuff to be a real effective pitcher.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hoyasaxa » Sun May 01, 2005 11:00 pm

petit- in baseball mogul he inevitably ends up an ace. great simulator and game by the way.
hoyasaxa
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby messenjah » Mon May 02, 2005 12:24 am

With guys that mostly have funky deliveries, the deception wears off after a while. I could be wrong, as I haven't seen Petit play, but it seems like he might have one good go-around the majors when he gets there before getting hammered. Just my opinion.
messenjah
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Punisher » Sun May 08, 2005 7:03 pm

messenjah wrote:With guys that mostly have funky deliveries, the deception wears off after a while. I could be wrong, as I haven't seen Petit play, but it seems like he might have one good go-around the majors when he gets there before getting hammered. Just my opinion.

Kind of like Oliver Perez ;-7
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball