What will the excuse be tonight... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What will the excuse be tonight...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:50 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Conner wrote:He hasn't made one single excuse this season (including pre-season). He's actually said he feels pretty good.

Just figured I'd mention that.

Uh-oh, now you ticked him (TheYanks04) off. Be prepared for a long post with many Kevin Brown posts. :-b

TheYanks04 is perpetually ticked off.

Kevin Brown posts from him are inavoidable, no matter what anyone else says.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:53 pm

Mel S. was just on ESPN 1050 and he said Brown will throw for 1 "inning" prior to the game to loosen up. Full speed, simulated game style.

Hopefully this helps...
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:58 pm

rmeesig wrote:Mel S. was just on ESPN 1050 and he said Brown will throw for 1 "inning" prior to the game to loosen up. Full speed, simulated game style.

Hopefully this helps...

Yea, I forgot about that.

Brown reeally hasn't looked that bad this season. Lots of movement on his pitches and whatnot, and his velocity isn't terrible...

But his control has ben terrible in the first couple of innings, and that's where he's been killed. Stottlemyre is a terrible pitching coach, and has never helped any pitcher fix any problems they've had...so I'm not sure how much this strategy will help. Considering what I'vee seen from Brown so far, it doees seem like something that could work, though. Brown missed a lot of time in spring training, and for whatever reason...he didn't mak any rehab starts in the minors before pitching for the Yanks in the regular season. It makes sense that he needs some extra work.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:43 pm

Here's a question, Brown just hit the WW in 2 of my league....worth the risk? He hasn't looked good in a while. I have backe, Bush and Haren in one of those leagues (along with Pedro, Santana and Peavy so don't jump down my throat). I really think he's done but what's the risk if I'm only dropping a mediocre starter anyway?
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WharfRat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:51 pm

Conner wrote:
rmeesig wrote:Mel S. was just on ESPN 1050 and he said Brown will throw for 1 "inning" prior to the game to loosen up. Full speed, simulated game style.

Hopefully this helps...

Yea, I forgot about that.

Brown reeally hasn't looked that bad this season. Lots of movement on his pitches and whatnot, and his velocity isn't terrible...

But his control has ben terrible in the first couple of innings, and that's where he's been killed. Stottlemyre is a terrible pitching coach, and has never helped any pitcher fix any problems they've had...so I'm not sure how much this strategy will help. Considering what I'vee seen from Brown so far, it doees seem like something that could work, though. Brown missed a lot of time in spring training, and for whatever reason...he didn't mak any rehab starts in the minors before pitching for the Yanks in the regular season. It makes sense that he needs some extra work.

Good points. I think I posted this somewhere before, but I know that he changed up his pregame stretching routine, and it's made it harder for him to get loose, is what I heard at least. I do have a little bit of faith in him.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby oukurt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Is he even chat worthy?
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:56 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Here's a question, Brown just hit the WW in 2 of my league....worth the risk? He hasn't looked good in a while. I have backe, Bush and Haren in one of those leagues (along with Pedro, Santana and Peavy so don't jump down my throat). I really think he's done but what's the risk if I'm only dropping a mediocre starter anyway?

Might as well see how he looks tonight....But, keep in mind...the Angels are the kind of team that might hurt him, even when he's pitching well.

They have a few guys who've hit him hard throughout his career.

Especially Vlad.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Maddux and Santana have also been banged around a lot early on in games that I've noticed.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby creepingdeath » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:26 pm

I dont think Brown did to bad tonight. He only gave up 3 ER's. I think he settled down nicely, the run support, or lack off, was more his problem. I think he will be fine as long as the Yankers pull thar heads out thar arsses and start puttin out.
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Conner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:39 pm

creepingdeath wrote:I dont think Brown did to bad tonight. He only gave up 3 ER's. I think he settled down nicely, the run support, or lack off, was more his problem. I think he will be fine as long as the Yankers pull thar heads out thar arsses and start puttin out.

I actually think he looked very good.

Even the runs he gave up were pretty "soft" runs. The defense played a big part in hurting him tonight, and lots of soft singles.

The Yankees defense is absoluteely terrible, by the way.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers