The stolen base making a big comeback??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The stolen base making a big comeback???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The stolen base making a big comeback???

Postby xeifrank » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:26 pm

http://mikesrants.baseballtoaster.com/a ... 57311.html

Great article about run scoring and which stats correlate the best with it. Also, knocks down the myth about how stolen bases are making a comeback.

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:58 pm

Only thing is that it seems like mine is the only team that isn't getting any fluke SB right now. I mean, Vinny stole 2 in one game?!? But my speedsters are the ones that are helping to prove that the SB is not making a comeback.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Cooner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:31 pm

i'm very sure I lead most of my leagues in the caught stealing category...
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:39 pm

it was sad to watch the dodgers get three straitght hits the other game and not get anything to show for it, not even a play at the plate highlight -- izturis ( i think it was ) got caught stealing second... steals suck.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby xeifrank » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:54 pm

matmat wrote:it was sad to watch the dodgers get three straitght hits the other game and not get anything to show for it, not even a play at the plate highlight -- izturis ( i think it was ) got caught stealing second... steals suck.

Yeah, I saw that too. Looked like either Izturis or Choi missed a signal (hit n run) and the Dodgers got nothing to show for three singles in a row. Why don't the Dodgers just go ahead and make DePodesta the Manager/GM. Or perhaps put an inflateable Jim Tracy doll in the dugout.

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby matmat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:30 pm

xeifrank wrote:Or perhaps put an inflateable Jim Tracy doll in the dugout.

vr

Xei

i thought they already did...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Interesting article...I'm inclined to think that SB may be on the way out. At the same time though, while the Cards' lineup trashed the Cubs repeatedly last year, their most BOTHERSOME player was often Tony Womack jogging around to third BEFORE Big AL and his collegues even got up to the plate.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Darkie Satchels » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:05 am

Matos stole 4 times last week bringing his total to 7 already. I think the art is making a comeback and should. It's great strategy that (read: Dusty Baker) some managers should empliment when they have speedsters on the team. It totally rocks a pitchers concentration.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:54 am

Darkie Satchels wrote:Matos stole 4 times last week bringing his total to 7 already. I think the art is making a comeback and should. It's great strategy that (read: Dusty Baker) some managers should empliment when they have speedsters on the team. It totally rocks a pitchers concentration.

How is it making a comeback when steal attempts are down or even the last few years?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:02 am

KolbSaves wrote:
Darkie Satchels wrote:Matos stole 4 times last week bringing his total to 7 already. I think the art is making a comeback and should. It's great strategy that (read: Dusty Baker) some managers should empliment when they have speedsters on the team. It totally rocks a pitchers concentration.

How is it making a comeback when steal attempts are down or even the last few years?
Didn't you read his post? Steals are making a comeback cause Matos stole 4 times last week. Gosh! ;-7 :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers