Please tell me why I should stick with Jeremy Reed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please tell me why I should stick with Jeremy Reed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please tell me why I should stick with Jeremy Reed

Postby Bobby Baseball » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:10 pm

All I heard about was how good this kid was going to be, but so far hes been below average. I won't cut him but I will stahs him away until he breaks out. Any chance of that happening anytime soon?

Double Deuce Ranch
Bobby Baseball
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:19 pm

I can't tell you anything unless you give more information. For all I know your in an 8 team league in which there is no way you should own him.

So for future reference just give more information to let people help you out easier. ;-D

But it just terms of Reed, he will hit eventually. He has just gotten off to a slow start, but he has hit at every level so far and pitchers are just adjusting to him now.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Cooner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:36 pm

I've been following Reed for several years now, and was very excited this pre-season about his bat, lineup, etc. I still think he'll eventually be a solid fantasy starter in most leauges, but at the moment, he's just not quite getting the job done. I'm extremely upset that I've had to cut him a few leagues due to injuries and other non-performers (read VMart). If you have the bench room, I'd hold onto him.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bselig » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Reed is very droppable. He should turn into a decent #2 hitter in reality, but until he hits for a very high average he'll be a lame fantasy player. Reed won't help you in sb's, in rbi, or in homers - his average needs to get up and decent run totals should follow that. Fantasywise Reed is kind of like Swisher - except Swisher is only going to give you hr and rbi, and only when he plays well. Both these guys were way too hyped up prior to the season and their owners (although I'm assuming there aren't many of those left) are suffering
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pibb55 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:19 pm

The main reason Id keep him is because he hasn't been bad if you take out his 0-12 start...

18/54 (.333) 11runs, 4 rbis in the last 16 games, over a season that pans out to be > 100 runs, > .300 avg and the stolen bases will start coming as well. Dont quit on him now, but sit him Vs. Lefties
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:51 pm

He's simply worthless unless he shows he's going to steal at least 20 this year.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stumpak » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:32 pm

In a non-keeper league, I can't give you a reason to hold onto him.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Punisher » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:37 pm

Unless it's a keeper you shouldnt, I admit I thought hed have a decent year batting around the Mariners big boys, but I was wrong. Get rid of him now unless its a keeper you may want to consider a little
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby with_pleasure » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:42 pm

I have him in a couple AL-only leagues, and yes, he's done fine after his 0-12 start. He can steal bases, but he probably won't so much in the 2005 Mariners lineup vs. the pitiful one they had last year. But then again, Beltre isn't exactly mashing and Sexson is hitting for a pretty low average. So they might start sending him a bit more.

The biggest problem is that if he gets on, there's almost always an Ichiro a base ahead of him.
with_pleasure
College Coach
College Coach

Postby d18Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:49 pm

Another 0fer tonight -- add that to some other 0s --- as in 0HRs an 0SBs and you've got to wonder if he has any fantasy value to speak of. I'm going to give him one more week. Then I'll need to cut my losses.

I don't see this as impatience. Impatience is cutting someone with a bankable track record who is playing horribly (see Eric Chavez)
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers