Keeper Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Leagues

Postby nazarko329 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:52 am

How many players do most leagues keep in a keeper league? I am in a 10 team league. Thanks
nazarko329
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Oat Soda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:44 pm

I don't know about most leagues, but in my 12-team league we can only protect six maximum but we're required to keep three minimum.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:45 pm

there is no set amount. anywhere from one to the whole roster is possible, it really should depend on how knowledgable and how active your league members can be and are.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:59 pm

We started out protecting only 8, but as we're an auction league, we found out our drafts were taking around 12 hours, and it was not easy to find two days to split it up. So we upped it to a max of 15, and cut the draft time down a lot. We still have good turnover, as we have a cap of 275 and bump player's salaries by $5 every year. And really,it is a lot more fun when you have more players to protect, it gives it a little more realism.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dracovonborax » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:21 pm

our league is set to keep 4 at present with the $5 bump up to 3 seasons..then those players become fa...looking for the big bucks. :) this is only our 2nd year and some members of the league are wishing to bump it up to keeping 5 or 6.
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:27 pm

It really is a lot more fun for us to have the larger protections, and nobody has yet to protect the full 15. With the bump in salary, it makes it very difficult. And it makes for some very difficult choices. This year I had Tejada, Ichiro and Helton all over $30. I knew I could only keep two, and since I had an affordable Pierre and the only other real power source on my team was an $11 Godzilla I figured Ichiro was the one I could let go. But I didn't want to just let him go in the draft, where I knew I could not afford him, and wind up getting nothing for him, so I moved him to a team I figured would not be better than mine, for a $6 VNart and a $0 Chris Burke. I hated doing it, I've had Ichiro every year since he came in the league, and every time he gets a hit and VMart is not hitting and Burke is not even playing and Helton is not hitting, I kick myself for trading the wrong person. But I figure, over the course of the year, I'll do alright, and I'll have VMart and Burke for at least a few more years. And Ichiro will probably be in the auction next year.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cooner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:32 pm

I'm in two keeper leagues- one keeps 14, the other 20 ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers