chone figgins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

chone figgins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

chone figgins

Postby riznich » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:24 am

ive barely heard of this guy and i looked and not only is he ranked around 60, but he's eligable at just about every position. what are people's view on this guy and what kind of season can i expect? also is he worth a pickup in a small 6 team league?
riznich
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:33 am

He's been on everyone else's fantasy radar since last year. I doubt he would be worth it in such a small league but his position eligibility is a huge plus. He will steal some bases and has recently been batting 2nd for the Angels.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby stumpak » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am

He is so weak in HRs and so average in other cats that in my opinion there is really no position where he should be starting in a 6 team league.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Game JLo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:57 am

I completely disagree with everyone! Chone is a very strong player. He gives you a solid average and a top 10 SB threat! Runs a plenty as well. He doesn't have the sort of power everyone here at the cafe is so obsessed with, but with his every position eligiblity, I say absolutely grab him (even in a 6 team league)!
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:59 am

I would grab him as well. Scioscia has said he will continue to get full time PT even upon Kennedy's return. He will be tremendous in steals and runs...good in BA, and even provide a little power (not a lot). Throw in the position flexibility and you have an outstanding player in any league.

When he was batting 9th earlier in the year, I was pretty down on him...but he has since rebounded to do pretty well.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:09 am

he's been doing very well since getting bumped up in the batting order and I think that he's a very useful guy to have on your roster. I have him in one league and Inge in another and have been able to slot both of them in all over the place, SS one day, 2B the next. Not just for days off but matchups and that kind of thing are a lot more flexible w/ guys w/ that degree of versitility.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:22 am

In a deep league (19 teams in my case), does anybody think Figgins would be worth offering a closer like Foulke or Takatsu to acquire, to a team that has no closers (best option is Urbina) but is good otherwise? Not that I think it'd necessarily be accepted if I offered it, just wonder what people think Figgins is worth in a deep league..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:23 am

bdrotoronto wrote:In a deep league (19 teams in my case), does anybody think Figgins would be worth offering a closer like Foulke or Takatsu to acquire, to a team that has no closers (best option is Urbina) but is good otherwise? Not that I think it'd necessarily be accepted if I offered it, just wonder what people think Figgins is worth in a deep league..

Takatsu, yes. Foulke, probably not.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Big Game JLo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:26 am

If you can get rid of Shingo for Chone then do it. But it will probably be veto'd. Foulke is more realistic.
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:40 pm

I enquired with the other owner and he wasn't interested in either closer. Heh, either he's really attached to Figgins, or he's just punting the category. Maybe both. Thanks for the advice, though. ;-D
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers