Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:52 pm

Rhymes_T79 wrote:nomar4prez = biased?...

let me bring the non-biased perspective...

telling someone what u are thinking or speaking ur mind.... does not entail fabricating stories and putting words in other peoples mouths. this act, not even his specific words, are childish enough.

your disputing the truthfulness of piniellas words, while completely ignoring the fact that schilling is the one saying outrageous things.

-------------------

lets look from different angles here....

assuming schilling is not making anything up...
he is, at the very least, calling out a TB player and sayin he called his own manager an "idiot"... but why not give a name?

1. no one ever called lou an "idiot, thus he couldn't name a name, thus his claim is false.

2. someone DID call lou an "idiot" and he's looking out for the best interests of that player and didnt want to point him out and cost him his job by naming names. but shouldn't he have thought about that before opening his mouth in the first place regardless of whether his claim was true or not? maybe he got caught up in the moment, and forgot that he was actually a representative of the players union. GOOD LOOKIN OUT CURT u charitable bastard u....

...conclusion
schilling either (1) made this up, and is a DUMBASS, or (2) didn't make it up and is just a JACKASS

-------------------

assuming schilling IS making all this up...
if made up, schilling is being untruthful or willfully ignorant, as well as malicious... thus...

...conclusion
he is both a DUMBASS AND a JACKASS

lmao
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:58 pm

Wow....how hard is this to understand?

I NEVER SAID HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH. I was saying there is no way someone can say he defiantely did or did not lie. And I don't understand why tellng the truth (if he did) makes him a jackass. Read that again....telling the truth makes him a jackass? Why would he give a name? There is no reason too. He was talking about Piniella, not about the guy who said it. This was just a fact (if it was) to support his line of thought. And, I wouldn't be surprised if Curt does call Piniella, and talk to him.

Am I biased? Probably, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but so are the Yankee fans calling him a jerk and saying they've lost all respect for him. But, unlike most of the people on here, I follow the Red Sox daily....hell, probably hourly. I've heard every controversial comment Schilling has made, and I've seen how he talks when his comments aren't brought to national attention. I have my opinion of him accumulated from hours of hearing him to talk, and how he acts while on camera, and before, during, and after a game. Maybe I'm completely wrong about him, but I don't think so.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TB13 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Bas wrote:Curt Schilling is a proven winner simple as that. You may not like what he is saying but at least he can backup his talk. I will take a player like him anyday of the week over all these guys that run their mouths and cant back any of it up.

Wait, let me get this straight. By saying that someone told him that Pinella is an idiot, Schilling is somehow backing up his pitching prowers?
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bas » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:05 pm

No it means every fifth day he is gonna go out and beat you. That is how you back up your trash talk. You can say whatever you want to the media but the only thing that matters is what happens on the field.
Bas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:07 pm

Bas wrote:No it means every fifth day he is gonna go out and beat you. That is how you back up your trash talk. You can say whatever you want to the media but the only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

So you think that athletes who are born with natural talents can make personal attacks on other people just because they can beat you? There's something wrong with that. ;-7
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:09 pm

This is almost as entertaining as reading what the Bond's apologists on this board write to try to defend Balco Barry "Flax seed oil" Bonds.

Schilling is really a nice, humble guy. H Eand Pedro sit under Mango trees together contemplating the mysteries of the universe.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Bas wrote:No it means every fifth day he is gonna go out and beat you. That is how you back up your trash talk. You can say whatever you want to the media but the only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

Dude, making up lies and calling people names cannot be backed up by winning every 5 days... especially given that he is on the DL. Anotherreason for him to just STFU.

;-D ;-D ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:....telling the truth makes him a jackass? Why would he give a name? There is no reason too. He was talking about Piniella, not about the guy who said it. This was just a fact (if it was) to support his line of thought.

im not saying that telling the truth makes someone a jackass... lol... thats actually a funnier conclusion than mine. i encourage you all to tell the truth!

but anyways.... if schilling wants to talk trash to piniella, then... shouldn't he talk trash TO PINIELLA? rather than indirectly talking trash about piniella, by using a TB player as a scapegoat? way to be a MAN schilling! what a TOUGH GUY!!!

bottom line?
Schilling = Bitch
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:15 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:This is almost as entertaining as reading what the Bond's apologists on this board write to try to defend Balco Barry "Flax seed oil" Bonds.

Schilling is really a nice, humble guy. H Eand Pedro sit under Mango trees together contemplating the mysteries of the universe.

haha this thread rocks.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bas » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:16 pm

He responded to question with his personal opinion. Maybe he shouldnt have called Pinella an idiot, which is unprofessional, but none of us can certainly say he is lying about anything he said.
Bas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers