Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:59 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:And....I'm not making excuses for him. You guys are saying he made this up, no questions asked. It's 100% untrue. How do you know that? I don't, and I'm sure the only who really knows is Schilling.


Well, it's pretty obvious it was made up. I can't imagine any player that Pinella manages would call him an idiot especially to a member of another team.

So it's ok to go on record and state it as a fact if I hear a comment about someone through someone who heard it from someone else? That is just freaking idiotic. Almost as idiotic as Schilling and his comments about Pinella, Kruk, Magrane or anyone else. For someone who has so much to say about everyone, nothing positive ever comes out of his mouth. :-t


Thats what I don't get. How is it obvious it was made up?!?! Because Pinella says its not true? He's the type of manager that I could see rubbing a few guys the wrong way. The fact that some player may have mentioned on the field is not that far fetched.


Well, if it was a fact and if he is so candid and man enough to say anything, then why doesn't he provide a source? Why doesn't he tell us who it was that said what he said.

This is a completely stupid argument. You are just trying to defend your boy and it isn't working. Sorry. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:01 pm

Lol exactly. Stop fighting for him Nomar, Schilling's an imbicile.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:06 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Lol exactly. Stop fighting for him Nomar, Schilling's an imbicile.


That's fine if you think that. I don't. I think he's a VERY opinionated guy who's not afraid to tell people what he's thinking. I also think he's one of the most charitable people around, and a great family person. Again, I don't agree with what he always says, but not everyone I don't agree with is an idiot.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:11 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Again, I don't agree with what he always says, but not everyone I don't agree with is an idiot.


Not everyone I disagree with is an idiot to me either. Schilling is, though.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:11 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Lol exactly. Stop fighting for him Nomar, Schilling's an imbicile.


That's fine if you think that. I don't. I think he's a VERY opinionated guy who's not afraid to tell people what he's thinking. I also think he's one of the most charitable people around, and a great family person. Again, I don't agree with what he always says, but not everyone I don't agree with is an idiot.


Well I'm glad that you know him personally. However, the guy never says anything unless he is ripping someone. Last season for example, when Scott Williamson went down with a serious elbow injury, he called him a sissy (or some other derogatory word) to describe him. You have to draw the line somewhere and stop using words that make you seem ignorant (unless you really are ignorant which is probably the case with Schilling). He bashes the media, opposing teams, managers, players even his own teammates. He's simply a loudmouth who can't control what comes out of his mouth and I've lost all respect for him after his comments this season.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:17 pm

Yoda wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Lol exactly. Stop fighting for him Nomar, Schilling's an imbicile.


That's fine if you think that. I don't. I think he's a VERY opinionated guy who's not afraid to tell people what he's thinking. I also think he's one of the most charitable people around, and a great family person. Again, I don't agree with what he always says, but not everyone I don't agree with is an idiot.


Well I'm glad that you know him personally. However, the guy never says anything positive unless he is ripping someone. Last season for example, when Scott Williamson went down with a serious elbow injury, he called him a sissy (or some other derogatory word) to describe him. You have to draw the line somewhere and stop using words that make you seem ignorant (unless you really are ignorant which is probably the case with Schilling). He bashes the media, opposing teams, managers, players even his own teammates. He's simply a loudmouth who can't control what comes out of his mouth and I've lost all respect for him after his comments this season.


No he didn't. There was a "rumor" of something like that with Williamson, but it never happened. Are you really going to believe the Boston media? It's worse than the New York media. I'm sure you gobbled up the whole Nomar "quitting" on his team too.

And I never said I knew him personally. I said "I think." If you didn't know, that means my opinion of him.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:20 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Lol exactly. Stop fighting for him Nomar, Schilling's an imbicile.


That's fine if you think that. I don't. I think he's a VERY opinionated guy who's not afraid to tell people what he's thinking. I also think he's one of the most charitable people around, and a great family person. Again, I don't agree with what he always says, but not everyone I don't agree with is an idiot.


Well I'm glad that you know him personally. However, the guy never says anything positive unless he is ripping someone. Last season for example, when Scott Williamson went down with a serious elbow injury, he called him a sissy (or some other derogatory word) to describe him. You have to draw the line somewhere and stop using words that make you seem ignorant (unless you really are ignorant which is probably the case with Schilling). He bashes the media, opposing teams, managers, players even his own teammates. He's simply a loudmouth who can't control what comes out of his mouth and I've lost all respect for him after his comments this season.


No he didn't. There was a "rumor" of something like that with Williamson, but it never happened. Are you really going to believe the Boston media? It's worse than the New York media. I'm sure you gobbled up the whole Nomar "quitting" on his team too.

And I never said I knew him personally. I said "I think." If you didn't know, that means my opinion of him.


So if you don't know him personally, then how do you know that he is a great family person? That he is charitable? That he didn't say those things about Williamson?

This is going right back to where you started. Face it. He's a loud mouth who has a faster mouth than a brain. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Have you ever heard of "Curt's pitch for ALS"? That's how I know he's charitable.

I don't know 100% he didn't say those things about Williamson, but since everyone Red Sox player in the club house said it didn't happen, I just sort of assumed.

The family person thing is a little more ambigious. I've just heard him talk about his wife, and he also left Fenway quickly on Patriots day to greet his wife at the finish line at the marathon. But, I've never heard of him hitting his wife or anything like that *cough* Ahman Green *cough*.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:41 pm

nomar4prez = biased?...

let me bring the non-biased perspective...

telling someone what u are thinking or speaking ur mind.... does not entail fabricating stories and putting words in other peoples mouths. this act, not even his specific words, are childish enough.

your disputing the truthfulness of piniellas words, while completely ignoring the fact that schilling is the one saying outrageous things.

-------------------

lets look from different angles here....

assuming schilling is not making anything up...
he is, at the very least, calling out a TB player and sayin he called his own manager an "idiot"... but why not give a name?

1. no one ever called lou an "idiot, thus he couldn't name a name, thus his claim is false.

2. someone DID call lou an "idiot" and he's looking out for the best interests of that player and didnt want to point him out and cost him his job by naming names. but shouldn't he have thought about that before opening his mouth in the first place regardless of whether his claim was true or not? maybe he got caught up in the moment, and forgot that he was actually a representative of the players union. GOOD LOOKIN OUT CURT u charitable bastard u....

...conclusion
schilling either (1) made this up, and is a DUMBASS, or (2) didn't make it up and is just a JACKASS

-------------------

assuming schilling IS making all this up...
if made up, schilling is being untruthful or willfully ignorant, as well as malicious... thus...

...conclusion
he is both a DUMBASS AND a JACKASS
Last edited by Rhymes_T79 on Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 755
Joined: 2 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Honolulu, HI

Postby Bas » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:48 pm

Curt Schilling is a proven winner simple as that. You may not like what he is saying but at least he can backup his talk. I will take a player like him anyday of the week over all these guys that run their mouths and cant back any of it up.

I cant figure out why Pinella even denied having his pitchers hit their batters. He has a young and talented staff so why not take the spotlight and pressure off them by saying its his decision. Neither side is innocent and frankly its just a part of baseball.
Bas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 66
Joined: 6 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact