Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:03 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Schilling speaks his mind.....so what? People always say they wish players were more truthful with their answers, and when a player speaks his mind, everyone bashes him. I don't agree with alot of Schilling's comments, but he has every right to speak his mind. When people on radio shows are criticizing him, and his team, I would hope he would call them up, and tell them where to shove it.

You can say whatever you want. However, it's how you say things. Schilling portrays himself as uneducated with his name calling and childish antics. Read this response by Pinella and how he makes Schilling look like a big loser without calling him names. This is how you do it:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/ ... N=BASEBALL

Schilling didn't call Piniella an idiot. Schilling said Piniella's players called Piniella an idiot.

I still don't think Schilling should have said it, but it's a big difference.

That makes his comments even sillier (is that a word?) Why would ANY TB player in a bench clearing brawl say something like that to Curt Schilling of all people, about his manager? Clearly Schilling is making up a story. This is why he needs to just keep his mouth shut and do the only thing that he is good at.

It's no wonder even his teammates and ex-teammates cannot stand him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:09 pm

He never said they said it during the brawl. He just said they said it on the field. It doesn't sound THAT out of the ordinary. A Tampa Bay player could have been talking to one of the sox players, and said that. Maybe while they're at first base, or something.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:14 pm

I didn't know that Schilling played first base when he was not pitching. He clearly meant that was said to him during the brawl. Yeah, the player is going to tell the first baseman that with the first base coach standing a few feet away, right.

Why do you make so many excuses for him?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:22 pm

SouthBronxBombers wrote:I didn't know that Schilling played first base when he was not pitching. He clearly meant that was said to him during the brawl. Yeah, the player is going to tell the first baseman that with the first base coach standing a few feet away, right.

Why do you make so many excuses for him?

lol, maybe he was pinch running when none of us was looking or something. At what point is Schilling within 60 feet of an opposing player? Maybe he was using ESP to communicate... :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:27 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Wow, a lot of Yankee fans don't like Schilling. Imagine that. :-b

And Kazmir has hit four batters. Want to guess who those four are? (Hint: they are all Red Sox.)

did you even see the game last year when kazmir hit the 2 red sox?? Was obviously not intentional. He was completely dominanting the red sox hitters that day, and he let two slipped.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zoozam » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:39 pm

i tend to disagree with the overall sentiment of the feedback to schilling ... i'm so tired of the "bull durham, pat answers" that athletes give to to bottom with every interview they do ... i don't agree w/all that he says but at least (and it's a big at least) he speaks his mind and is candid in his commentary ... that buys a whole lot of leeway in my book

and to his points, screw that sorry announcer - seriously, how many washout ballplayers take to the mike? he's going to rake out schilling for his age amongst all the players on the field ... up his and schill has every right to get back on him

i appreciate the candor even if i don't always agree w/the words
zoozam
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:47 pm

zoozam wrote:i tend to disagree with the overall sentiment of the feedback to schilling ... i'm so tired of the "bull durham, pat answers" that athletes give to to bottom with every interview they do ... i don't agree w/all that he says but at least (and it's a big at least) he speaks his mind and is candid in his commentary ... that buys a whole lot of leeway in my book

and to his points, screw that sorry announcer - seriously, how many washout ballplayers take to the mike? he's going to rake out schilling for his age amongst all the players on the field ... up his and schill has every right to get back on him

i appreciate the candor even if i don't always agree w/the words

So making up ubsurd stories is ok?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:54 pm

So Schilling can make candid comments, but the other guy, who is actually paid to make them, should just shut up? Schilling sure did not seem to mind when he was being singled out for worship for going out and pitching in the playoffs last year, now did he.

You'll let us know when your major league career is better than Magrane's right?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zoozam » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:01 pm

candor is OK - you seem to be the wrong ones to see that agreement and appreciation of candor are two different things ... schill really seems to upset you both and i'm sorry for that ... it's a pretty day outside
zoozam
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:06 pm

zoozam wrote:candor is OK - you seem to be the wrong ones to see that agreement and appreciation of candor are two different things ... schill really seems to upset you both and i'm sorry for that ... it's a pretty day outside

I'm actually not upset at all. Schilling doesnt realize that he is the actual idiot but he likes to use that word to describe anyone that doesn't agree with him or praise him. What he does is not candor. When you make up stories like 'the opposing team's players were calling their manager an idiot on the field', then you lose all credibility. Unless all you want to do is side with him despite what he is saying, I don't see how and why you would want to defend him at all.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers