Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:25 am

SouthBronxBombers wrote:You have no real point to miss. You just don't like the Yankees or their fans. Your post was clearly siding with Schilling on this. Pinella does not need to tell his team anything. Every pitcher in the game, young or old, knows when you are supposed to drill someone. It's not like Schilling has never done the same. You don't like Pinella because of his past association with the Yankees.

You really are assuming a lot. I do not side with Schilling at all. I wish he would shut his trap.

As for Pinella, I don't buy his arguments, either--his pitchers were trying to hit batters. Fine. Just don't go for the head.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:27 am

For someone who started his post with an assumption as to the base of why the words of Schilling bothered others, you really should not hypocritically comment on others assuming motives of yours.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:30 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
I usually don't agree with what you say at all, but I'm one of the Yankee fans that are pissed the Yankees don't retaliate. It's friggin' sad that Torre, Mussina, and alot of other guys are soft L's. The only real badasses we have are Randy, who Torre probably wouldn't let hit someone, Sturtze who's on the DL right now, and Brown who probably couldn't even hit a batter if he tried.

Wright apparently has a bad streak. And Mussina once got hurt in a brawl caused by him retaliating, so he doesn't like to do it. I wonder if Torre is the one clamping down. I'm not sure.

When Wells hit Giambi--although Giambi really didn't move--I was surprised the Yanks didn't plunk the Sox, even though I thought they weren't intentional.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:32 am

SouthBronxBombers wrote:For someone who started his post with an assumption as to the base of why the words of Schilling bothered others, you really should not hypocritically comment on others assuming motives of yours.

Oh, come on. Look at the first page of this thread. It's full of Yankee fans.

I know you're new here and all, but I'm a pretty rational Sox fan. There are some of us. :-b
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:48 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
SouthBronxBombers wrote:For someone who started his post with an assumption as to the base of why the words of Schilling bothered others, you really should not hypocritically comment on others assuming motives of yours.

Oh, come on. Look at the first page of this thread. It's full of Yankee fans.

I know you're new here and all, but I'm a pretty rational Sox fan. There are some of us. :-b

You don't have to be a Yankees fan to not like Schilling's trap. Even his teammates don't like him. Just ask Pedro and RJ.

He is a great big game pitcher but it gets lost b/c he opens his mouth too often. You don't need to be a Yankees fan to realize this.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:01 am

SouthBronxBombers wrote:I really like the part about the players telling him this is why they lose a hundred games a year. Lou was not the manager when they were losing a hundred games a year. Schilling should at least get some facts straight before he starts making stuff up. It just makes him look more of an ass than he is.

Schilling is a coward. He showed that in the steroid hearings. He's quick to insult people when there is no way they will be retaliating against him.

Um, am I the only who thinks he was the only one who actually spoke his mind during the steriod hearings? He never backtracked on anything, and he said how he felt about Canseco right to his face. How is that cowardly?

Schilling speaks his mind.....so what? People always say they wish players were more truthful with their answers, and when a player speaks his mind, everyone bashes him. I don't agree with alot of Schilling's comments, but he has every right to speak his mind. When people on radio shows are criticizing him, and his team, I would hope he would call them up, and tell them where to shove it.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:09 am

Yes, he did backtrack at the hearings. Prior to them he had been talking about steroids being a large problem in baseball. He had told Dan Patrick in an interview back when he was in Arizona that 15% of the players used them, and accused pitchers of doing so as well, just never naming names. He had maintained over the next couple of years that it was a big problem, and then all of a sudden when he gets to the hearings, it is a whole different tune. And no, saying obvious references to someone in a Congressional hearing is not saying it to their face. Schilling is a coward.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:32 am

SouthBronxBombers wrote:Yes, he did backtrack at the hearings. Prior to them he had been talking about steroids being a large problem in baseball. He had told Dan Patrick in an interview back when he was in Arizona that 15% of the players used them, and accused pitchers of doing so as well, just never naming names. He had maintained over the next couple of years that it was a big problem, and then all of a sudden when he gets to the hearings, it is a whole different tune. And no, saying obvious references to someone in a Congressional hearing is not saying it to their face. Schilling is a coward.

While I agree with your first part, I don't think this makes him a coward. I'm pretty sure any of us would say things differently under oath. It seems as though he exagerated when he wasn't under oath. I don't think that makes him a coward--just a player with a big mouth, as you know.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:35 am

Nomar4prez wrote:Schilling speaks his mind.....so what? People always say they wish players were more truthful with their answers, and when a player speaks his mind, everyone bashes him. I don't agree with alot of Schilling's comments, but he has every right to speak his mind. When people on radio shows are criticizing him, and his team, I would hope he would call them up, and tell them where to shove it.

You can say whatever you want. However, it's how you say things. Schilling portrays himself as uneducated with his name calling and childish antics. Read this response by Pinella and how he makes Schilling look like a big loser without calling him names. This is how you do it:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/ ... N=BASEBALL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:46 am

Yoda wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Schilling speaks his mind.....so what? People always say they wish players were more truthful with their answers, and when a player speaks his mind, everyone bashes him. I don't agree with alot of Schilling's comments, but he has every right to speak his mind. When people on radio shows are criticizing him, and his team, I would hope he would call them up, and tell them where to shove it.

You can say whatever you want. However, it's how you say things. Schilling portrays himself as uneducated with his name calling and childish antics. Read this response by Pinella and how he makes Schilling look like a big loser without calling him names. This is how you do it:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/ ... N=BASEBALL

Schilling didn't call Piniella an idiot. Schilling said Piniella's players called Piniella an idiot.

I still don't think Schilling should have said it, but it's a big difference.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers